• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Tethering not recognizing Nikon D850 under Rosetta (M1 Max Studio - current LRC)

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H/W: Mac Studio - M1 Max 32GB

Software: LRC 11.3.1

Camera: Nikon D850

Issue

====

Start Teathered Capture, which creates a popup to relaunch LRC under Rosetta.

When LRC is running under Rosetta and you select start tether,

On the first attempt LRC crashes.

LRC needs to be restarted and the launched under Rosetta again.

On the second and subsequent "Start tethered capture", LRC fails to detect the attached Nikon D850 camera.

The camera is connected by a known working usb-C port via known working PRPteather usb cable, This same camera, cable setup works when conected to a windows 11 laptop running LRC 11.3.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic's tethering. We are here to help.

Could you please confirm if this has worked in the past and has stopped working since a recent update to the macOS or Lightroom Classic? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Please try that if you have any other cable to test the tethering function.

There are a series of steps to help you potentially troubleshoot and fix the issues related to tether capture in Lightroom Classic in this article, and please give a detailed read through: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html

Let us know if this helps,
Thanks!

Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer,

This is my first attempt tethered shooting with OSX monterey (12.3.1) and the Mac studio as it is a brand new machine. The cable and camera can be unpluged and pluged directly into a windows 11 laptop runing LRC 11.3.1 next to it and it tether captures fine.

I suspect that the issue is related LRC crash when you first start teathered capture under rosetta. I assume the crash details were uploaded to Apple/Adobe automatically.

The crash only ocurrs on the first attempt after a system boot/reboot. Any subsequent attempt there is no crash, but the camerea is not recognised. So there is either an OS structure that is left corupted of there is some state information that is maintained across LRC restarts. I have attached the crash report.

I have some interesting results from todays testing:

I only had the crash once, where yesterday it seemed crash on the first attempt after each reboot.

I tested the camera with 3 different USB cables, all atempts failed except one, were the camara was recognised. Repeating the test with the same cable did not work.

I am starting to think we have a race condition. Maybe the crash dump will shed some light.

Do you know when teathering be available nativeley for M1 architecture?

Regards

Rodney

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. I have followed all the suggestions and camera is still not recgonized. Is there a solution yet?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines