• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering stopped working on Lightroom Classic 11.0.1 for Nikon D800E on M1Pro Mac running macOS 12

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Using the new MBPro with M1Pro Chip and LrC 11.01, my Nikon D800E does not conect at all - no error message. A Nikon D7100 does work, just live view does not. Both cameras are connected by USB (not at the same time) and using an Apple USB A to USB C adapter.

The D800E does work fine on an older MacBookAir with Big Sur and LrC 11.01

Supprot suggests to downgrade to LrC 10.3 or 4, honestly not the thing to look forward to, as all catalogues just have been updated to LrC 11. Befor I will give that a try, any other ideas, suggestions?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us if the Nikon D800E ever worked on the M1 Pro MacBook?

Please ensure that Lightroom Classic has the necessary permissions on the Mac by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us if the Nikon D800E ever worked on the M1 Pro MacBook?

Please ensure that Lightroom Classic has the necessary permissions on the Mac by following the steps suggested below:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

You can also check out the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

thanks for taking it up. In short - the D800E never worked with my M1Pro MacBook Pro. It failed right from the first attempt.

I will go through your suggestions and let you know.

Regards

Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M1 Rosetta Nikon Tethering seems to be broken on 11.0+ for my z6 and d780, I had to roll back to 10.4 and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nikunj

Thanks for this step by step guide.

LrC was not listed, once full access was granted, it does work, even with live view. Problem solved.

However, I perfomed a test with another, dedicated, thether software (Sofortbild). That program works well and the files can be imported to LrC using the automated import function. And it works in the native mode for LrC, so no emulation mode necessary. Might be an option for others as temporary solution, where granting full access o the disk does not solve the issue.

Regards, Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines