• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2022 could not be launched

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden I'm having issues opening images in the latest version of Photoshop using the latest version of LRC. After selecting the "Edit in..." option, there's a long hang (about 30 seconds or so), then a LRC alert pops up that reads "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2022 could not be launched." I have Photoshop 2022 open and running. When I click "Okay", THEN the image opens in PS!

Any idea what the problem is?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Use the Creative Cloud application and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom but when asked, keep the preferences.

Then install Photoshop first, followed by Lightroom. Better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud application and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom but when asked, keep the preferences.

Then install Photoshop first, followed by Lightroom. Better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this solution didn't work.  I just upgraded to the latest LRC and PS and used your recommended proceedure.  It worked the first time I tried to edit, and a changed tif was returned to LRC. 

But then when I tried again on a second image, and   nothing happens for a few minutes, and then a message appears "a file could not be edited bacause Adobe Photoshop 2022 could not be launched." then LR generates and returns a .tif file as if it had recevied an image from PS.  And now I cannot start PS, even if I run as an Administrator.  I had the identical problem with the previous version combination..

I'm using Win10, LRC 11.5 , Build 202208080927-8a575c91; Camera Raw 14.5  PS 23.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I now face the same issue here with lightroom 12.4 and photoshop 25 beta (aka ps 2024). This behaviour started after updating yesterday the beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Everything worked fine before updating. 

Windows 10, Latest versions of Lr Classic, Ps and Ps Beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, this fix the issue.

jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*THIS* is the correct answer. Roll back the version. All good for me now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue with Beta 25. You need to revert to Ps Beta 24.7 using the Adobe Creative Cloud App. I've attached a screenshot with the steps you need to follow.

Note that your post will likely be moved to the Photoshop Beta Forum.

photoshop 24.7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright I will give that a shot. I forgot to mention that I am on Windows 10 (with latest updates). So I face also the known bug that always the beta is started from inside Lightroom. A workaround for that one is (or at least was) to launch the desired PS version and then choose "edit in..." this opened the image in the now running PS.
Said that I face the same issue with the production PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I downgraded now to PS beta 24.7 and can confirm that this fixes the issue for now.

The contextmenu calls this "Photoshop 2023" in contrast to 25.0 which is called "Photoshop 2024". So I guess that 25 is a major update which might have broken things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VisualDigits  Please see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-lightroom-not-opening-photos-properly-in-photos... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, thanks for the link. Somehow google search did not find this one. So I am not alone and probably this will be fixed anytime soon 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I thought I would have a tech rage meltdown. I've spent hours trying to uninstall, install, etc and found your fix and it has worked. Hopefully, Adobe gets its poop in a group about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Topaz Sharpen on the same day that I updated to Beta ver 25.0 and encountered the "unable to load" glitch.  I then went on a wild goose chase thinking the Topaz plug-in was somehow responsible.  After numerous futile restarts, uninstalls and re-installs of Topaz, LRC, PS and PS(Beta) I was about to have a total meltdown.  But then common sense kicked in and i googled the script of the error message.  That led me here and subsequently led me to revert to ver 24.7.  Thank you people of this knowledgeable Adobe Community.  You have restored my sanity to it's normal (questionable) level 😉

ps Hopefully Adobe will soon release a version 25.x to remedy the problems created by 25.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. Thank you so much for your answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting that screen shot. SUPER HELPFUL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm running LR Classic on Macbook Pro M1 & since I updated to the 25.0 Beta Version of PS with the Generative Crop - now I can't open anything from Lightroom without one or two of these errors:

• The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop (Beta) could not be launched.
  • An internal error has occured lightroom classic - AgStoreProviderSession:getEntityByID:id must be number or string

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried installing photoshop first, followed by lightroom. didn't change anythng for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines