Topaz Denoise AI Plug-In Problem with Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem as I have on Windows with Topaz Denoise AI (v 3.4.2) run as a plug-in on Lightroom Classic (v 11.1). Note that I have had this same problem on prior versions of both Topaz Denoise and Lightroom Classic.

From Lightroom Classic, I use the Photo -> Edit In -> Topaz Denoise AI command. It first creates tif files for each raw file I have selected. It then launches Topaz Denoise AI and shows which files have been loaded.

It used to be that sometimes it would load all of the tif files, sometimes it would load only a portion of them. Most of the time if it didn't work, it would work after I deleted all of the created tif files and re-tried the process. However, it is now at the point where, no matter how many times I re-do the process, it only loads a small number (sometimes 18, sometimes 25, etc) when it launches Topaz Denoise.  This is a huge workflow bottleneck as now it takes me much longer to process a large number of photos (I'm typically processing ~150-200).  

There are no overt messages of any kind from either Lightroom Classic or Topaz Denoise, only my knowledge that there should be more files in Topaz but they aren't there. Not sure if there is a log file somewhere with more information.

I do not believe it to be a memory issue, since I've watched the Windows Task Manager during the batch processing, and it doesn't get above 60% memory.

I have corresponded with Topaz support, and they insist that it is a bug in Lightroom. 

If no one has any solutions, please share workflow suggestions as workarounds. I am able to take un-Topaz-processed tif files and load them directly into Topaz Denoise and work from there, but I have not figured out a good workflow with that technique. It appears to add a few other cumbersome steps. One benefit of the Topaz plug-in from Lightroom is that tif files are first created and then overwritten to the same filename after Topaz processing, so there is no need for me to actively find and delete the original tif. If I run through Topaz directly, at the end I have both the original tif files (which I no longer want) and the modified tif files. Then I have to actively load my new tifs into Lightroom.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using DeNoise 2.3.6 (no update subscription) and only ever work on one image at a time.

I do have problems when DeNoise, or Sharpen, want to remind me of the need to update/subscribe. Many times, this pop-up window stops the image from being loaded from LrC and I have to delete the TIF and start again.

So, what you may want to do, as a test, is open DeNoise on it's own, make sure there are no messages, then close it and try  your multiple open. I found that if DeNoise is open when LrC calls it, the APPLY button to save back to LrC is replaced with a generic SAVE.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response and good thoughts.  However, there are no messages that open when I launch Denoise, and I always make sure to have Denoise closed prior to running it as a plug-in in LrC.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just discovered the same problem with the Denoise plugin from Lightroom Classic.  Running the 3.5.0 ver of Denoise.  Topaz also told me it was a Lightroom problem.  I can send as many files as I want from Lightroom to Denoise, but only 12 make it.  Very frustrating. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines