Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble using syncronisation with 2 differents adobe accounts

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm using LR since a decade, and from the beginning of synchronisation.

I have a catalogue on dropbox that I can use at home with my personnal account, and at work with the company account.

Until now everything works nice, but since 13.3.1 I have a pop up ask me to restart LR when I switch between 2 adobe account.

The result is that all the sync is lost.

My pictures are still online, but my folder are not syncronised anymore.

So everytime, LR start to download all the files online back to my catalog, and I'm not able to synchronize the pictures online because my folders are not identified as synchronized

I don't know if this is on purpose from adobe, but I lost a lot of hours of work here.

And if it's not possible to switch between 2 adobe account, I'm thinking to stop using LR and to find another solution.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try some comments-

Is that Lightroom (Lr), or Lightroom-Classic (LrC)?

Using a Lr-Classic catalog in Dropbox is very risky. Corruption can easily occur.

Switching between two accounts (on the same computer?) would require you to Sign-out of one account and Sign-in to the other. That would necessarily involve a restart of Lightroom-Classic.

Where are the images stored? Have they all downloaded from Dropbox in both locations to enable work with the catalog.

When you say "all the sync is lost"  are you referring to a Dropbox sync? Or what?

You might find something relevant here-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-classic/catalogs/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/catalog-on-dropbox-beta/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rob, thank you for your comments.

I'm talking about Lr Classic, I know it's risky on dropbox, because I have a lot of issues with corrupt catalog, but it's another problem 🙂

Usually I work on my personnal account on my personnal computer at home, and on my company account, when i'm on my company computer. And before LR 13.3, everything works fine, I don't need any restart of LrC, and the synchronisation was simply stopped on my company account. I never sync from the company account only from the personnal. (because, obvioulsy, it's not the same cloud).

But since LrC restart at every account switch, it cancelled all my LrC sync on mobile device everytime. (and I'm not talking about dropbox, just about adobe cloud.)

About my images: they are all on my computer or external HD. On dropbox is stored only smart previews.

Since my first post. I found a temporary solution. I duplicated my catalog. I use the original one only on my personnal acount to syncronize with mobile device, and the other, everywhere, to edit pictures. Then at the end of the month I will create a catalog with the last edits and import it in the original Catalog and then syncronize it with mobile device.

It’s complicated but I don’t see any other solutions for now.

Thanks for the links I will read this closely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using your catalog on another system, and only with Smart Previews, sounds like the 'Client <> Editor' situation.

CLIENT EDITING REMOTE

Otherwise some more research I can suggest.

MULTIPLE COMPUTERS- How to use (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some significant challenges which come with LrC 13.3 /13.3.1 that my affect you planned workflow. See the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines