Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete rejected photos in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem with rejected photos in Lightroom CC. I seem to be unable to delete them (I need to free up disk space urgently).

If I create a smart collection to show rejected photos, I have several hundred photos. However, if I select 'All Photographs' from the catalogue and then use the flag filter to view rejected photos, I have none! This also means that when I use 'Photo > Delete Rejected Photos', there aren't any photos to delete!

I'm very confused by this, and I don't seem to be able to resolve it. Any hints greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

After some fumbling, in lightroom CC you have to go File -> Search my photos, then it'll give you a bunch of filter options. Select the rejected flag and all rejected photos will show up, select all to delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the info available at the link below provides some assistance.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A2KLfSXgctxge.UA7QhXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzE...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link: I'm afraid nothing to assist.  I've previously been able to delete rejected images - but for some reason, it does not recognise their existence when it comes to deleting them now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double check that no filters other than Rejected Images are applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the hint: I've already tried checking that though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you see "several hundred" in the Smart Collection-

When you see these 'Rejected' photos in this Collection, can you select any or all , then press the [Delete] key?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with rejected photos in Lightroom CC (I assume you mean Lightroom Classic). I seem to be unable to delete them (I need to free up disk space urgently).

Don't delete photos if you are having space problems ... move them to another disk. There are two ways to move them:

1. Move them in Lightroom Classic, drag and drop
  2. Move them in your operating system and then reconnect in Lightroom Classic http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Either way, the photos remain in your Lightroom Classic catalog, with your edits and your user-provided metadata, but they take up space on a different disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some fumbling, in lightroom CC you have to go File -> Search my photos, then it'll give you a bunch of filter options. Select the rejected flag and all rejected photos will show up, select all to delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! This solved it as it's different from the older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines