• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import photos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I imported photos to Lightroom without any problems, and today I see this message and I can't do anything anymore, I can't inport the photos, please help:

"the file cannot be moved to the destination folder because it is not writable"

I read about it in previous posts, but no one literally explained what to do to make these photos importable again. None of the imports work for me.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of your Library module showing the whole screen especially your folder structure? If you look at any of the images you imported yesterday and right-click one one of them and select Show in Finder it will confirm the location they were imported to. If you were importing the images and storing them on an external drive, is the drive mounted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a permanent drive, the photos are visible when I search, but when I press the import button in Lightroom Classic on the bottom left, I get this message. On the left, I can easily search for these photos, but I can't import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Finder" is a Mac tool, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help for windows, not for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the destination folder writable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need for windows , not for Mac. And now please explain to me what a destination folder is and how to find it, I don't need such help -  I am not legend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen shot of your library module showing the left column will be most helpful in trouble shooting this issue. Within Lightroom Classic open the Catalog panel in the left most column in Library module and click on Previous Import. Select an image in the grid and right-click on it and select Show in Finder. This will open another window that will show you where those photos are. Another helpful screen shot would be your import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you import an image with 'Copy' or 'Move' selected at the top of the import dialog, then Lightroom will copy/move the image to a folder that is defined in the Destination panel on the right side of the import dialog. That is your destination folder. It's possible that the usual destination folder got deselected, and instead you now have selected a folder that Lightroom has no permission to write to. That is why you were asked twice already to post a screenshot of your import dialog. A screenshot often says more than a thousand words.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines