Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view presets

New Here ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im having trouble with a new set of presets I tried to install.

I've followed the instructions and have never had this issue before.

As you can see the presets are showing in the develop presets folder, but they are not showing in the side bar once I restart LR.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 12.36.22 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-19 at 12.32.36 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-19 at 12.32.12 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version if lightroom classic? The actual version. Get it from Help, system information

Answers like “the latest” will be ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running version 8.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you are trying to use old style presets, they are in what is now the wrong location. but you might be able to import them.

Read the link provided in previous reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thankyou @davidg36166309! got them in there now. Annoying that they are in user presets and not in neat folders - do you know if there is a way to change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

As a PS, in the presets panel, click on that + symbol and select manage. note that develop presets can be checked or unchecked as you see fit, uncheck a preset and it is unavailable to see in the presets folder. Now at some point, some say dozens, some say hundreds, perhaps thousand, if a large number of presets are visible in the panel, a large number of presets are read each and every time you do something to an image, at your lightroom could slow down.

I use exactly one preset, and have only that one checked as available, so I have no lessons learned on what that threshold might be.

just a customer not an Adobe rep,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD, So I read the link you shared, made sure that all my downloaded purchased presets are in the correct folder (:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings). They have all been converted to the new file extension. Under Preferences, I have "Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets" checked and "Store presets with this catalog" unchecked. I have uploaded all the Presets I need into Lightroom, and yet, they are not showing on my right-side Presets pane. Any idea what could be causing the issue? What am I missing? You seem knowledgable and wise, so I come to you in hopes that you may know my error!! Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I just got a new computer, so I am moving everythig over from my old computer to the new one. I have the newest version of Lightroom Classic. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out! I was not looking at a Catalogue yet. haha WHOOPS! I swear this isn't my first rodeo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Luca+Lupa  wrote

Annoying that they are in user presets and not in neat folders - do you know if there is a way to change this?

Yes,

Download and install the (free) 'Fix Presets' plugin by John Ellis-

Fix Presets Lightroom Plugin

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines