Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected Error Opening Catalog

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue=

I recive the following error when trying to open any Lightroom project on any of my harddrives (I've tested 6 drives all with the same error). Lighroom itself will not open on it's own. I cannot choose a new catalog and/or defalut catalog. I just recive the same error :

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.13.42 PM.png

Working off of:

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6

Mac Pro (late 2013)

Processor 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Graphics AMD FirePro D500 3 gb

I work in Premiere / other Adobe programs regularly those are working fine. 

I have re started my computer - no change. 

I have unistalled and re-installed Lighroom- no change. 

Please advise - thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Revert back to LrC 9.4. Reports indicate that can still read your LrC 9.4 catalog. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert back to LrC 9.4. Reports indicate that can still read your LrC 9.4 catalog. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try this now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! Thank you dj_paige

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* This is Lightroom Version 10.0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skyem, did you ever manage to resolve your problem with Lightroom? I'm having the same problem with Lightroom 10.1 - when i try to update to 10.2, i get the same prompt as you did. Any thoughts on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything you suggested and I still can't update to 10.2. Plus, in 10.1.1, I can't export from the Book module to a PDF. Blurb recommends this: If you cannot export your book to PDF you'll need to contact Adobe customer support for further help so they can troubleshoot within Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any update on solving this issue? I upgraded Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 to 10.2, and cannot open any old catalog. I tried to copy them in a new folder, but it doesn't work. I tried to roll back to Classic 10.1.1, but it does not work either.

Please advise - thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! I can't access any catalog neither backup. It also doesn't let me open a new catalog so I am not able to even start Lightroom. 

Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@venikz 

Please start a new thread and provide all relevant details, including these:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, will do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had same problem after 11.0 update.  It is not clear it was the update.  I did use it for a few hours so something else could have corrupted and just coincedence. 

Solution was to uninstal and reinstall.  I did  full uninstall, preferences and everything just to be sure.. 

Jay 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated to LR classic version 11 (19 days ago) and then got the same error message "Unexpected error occured opening catalog" .... thought it was a glitch so restarted computer and opened Lightroom with the same error message.  I chose of open the previous catalog and to my surprise it upgraded the catalog as done when I upgraded to Version 11 of Lightroom.  I can open the catalog but now I cannot access the photos that I imported following the update install 19 days ago.  They are in LR Library but do not show up in the strip file at the bottom of the screen.  

How can I retrieve my photos.... 

The catalog was sent to Adobe and apparently it was beyond repair ..... I have to ask how did that happen.   I have been using LR for a few years and never had issues with updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines