• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

update Lightroom 6.0 to 6.14

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to update Lightroom 6.0 to 6.14 I have tried everything I can think of. Or am I just to late.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

For anyone using Lightroom 6 and needing to download the installer, please see this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is now effectively unuseable. My version now refuses to open, just the start window which then just closes. Deleted and reloaded fro saved installer doesn't help. I suggest you either agree to perpetual annual payments or do what I have done and use a better alternative. Several are available which don't require you to pay again and again and again for ever. Better to buy software than rent it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send them $ every month and my LR 6 still runs.  Would like to update, but I like the "Auto" function in this LR.  The newer versions I tried several years ago made some interesting and unexpected changes to the color that confounded me because I am color blind.  LR 6 did not mess with any of the colors.  Yep.  I shoot photos and wish I could see all the colors. 

My $ includes Adobe Rush which is pretty handy for video editing.  I shot a performance with my D750 and a nifty TASCAM TM-2X external microphone.  The audio was far better than the on-board microphone.  Video editing is very intense compared to single image editting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christopherm96496547 – It depends on your operating system. Lightroom 6 will still install and run on the O/S versions it was built for.

LR6 will not install on macOS Catalina or newer due to changes Apple (not Adobe) made to remove all support for 32-bit software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone using Lightroom 6 and needing to download the installer, please see this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks for the info and links, most times when I am searching on my own to solve an issue I find nothing but a bunch of whiney cry babies, no answers and a lot of people attempting to railroad the post. Thanks for not being that! Now I run a better chance of mastering my very old copy of Light Room before I have to get the WiFi implant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this work for you?  Adobe said it would not work for me I had to go to the cloud based version.  I have a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what Adobe said, but the Lr 6 download from that link works for me on Windows. Did you try it?

By the way, if Adobe said you need to go to the cloud based version, that's extremely ambiguous and misleading of them. Lightroom Classic is not cloud based, and works fine (although you have to download it from the cloud, so in that sense only it is cloud based).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To expand on Dj's post the Installer is for Lightroom 6.14 / and Lightroom CC 2015-6.14.  If you wish to use as the Lightroom 6.14 you have to activate with the License Key (if your License Key was purchased as an upgrade you will also have to enter the License Key from an earlier version.)

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe said that my system no longer supports LR6 and that I have to go to something else.  I downloaded the installer but the "install" icon has a slash through it. That is as far as I can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jal44220207 wrote, "I have a Mac. ... I downloaded the installer but the "install" icon has a slash through it. "

The LR 6 installer is a 32-bit program, and Mac OS 10.15 and later won't run 32-bit programs.

So if you're on Mac OS 10.15 or later, you'll need to get a Lightroom subscription, which includes both "Lightroom Classic" (Adobe's current name for the folders-based Lightroom) and "Lightroom" (Lightroom Mobile, Lightroom Web, Lightroom Desktop).  See here to understand the different products, confusingly named by Adobe:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines