• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated my Mac to Ventura and LR isn't quite working.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha everyone, 

I recently updated my Mac to Ventura 13. Since then, anytime I want to rename/move/create a folder I receive an Error message that it was not able to happen. My Lr is up to date and I have Lr 12

I can no longer save a photo from PS either.

I went ahead into settings to grant LR full disk access and made sure LR was added under "files and folder" as well. 

I also read somewhere that I would need to go under "Get Info" and make sure that the sharing settings was set to "read and write". 

Did all this and it has done nothing.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do?

Mahalo in advance 🙂

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you want to create/move that folder? Lightroom Classic does not have (and should not have) permissions to write to just any place on your hard disk. There are places that are off-limits to Lightroom, even if it has full disk access.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been doing it to my external drive perfectly fine until I updated my computer. It's an external segate drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select that disk in the Finder and choose 'Get Info' (Cmd-i). Look at the way at the bottom of the dialog. Is 'Ignore Ownership on this volume' checked? If not, check it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that option 😞

I swear I feel I've tried everything. IMG_1086.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Windows NTFS formatted volume. MacOS cannot write to such a volume (it can read it). There are third party drivers that enable writing, but I would suggest to reformat it in APFS if possible.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, because I have been able to make/move/create folders through Lr on this drive up until I updated my Mac. If I reformat it to APFS would I lose all my data on the external drive? 

I appreciate your time and help! Mahalo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, formatting makes you lose all data on that drive, so you'll need to backup them first. Maybe you had one of those third party drivers installed, and the update broke those drivers.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines