• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upright Vertical Transform BEYOND 100 possible?

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not here to argue whether one should even need to go beyond 100 with the vertical transform, however there are times I need to in order to make the lines of buildings, using a wide-angle lens, vertical. 

In Photoshop I can adjust the perspective without limitation. Is there a way to achieve this in LR Classic? 

Has anyone else run into this problem? Not seeing much about this online. 

Screenshot of my problem in action. Building's lines not yet vertical yet I'm tapped out at 100.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Try a combination of the guided upright tool [Shift+T] to firstly define the verticals (this has limitations also!),   then apply some more Vertical transform.

My three tests-  Original, Upright Tool , +Vertical Transform

2023-02-02 05_38_28-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg2023-02-02 05_39_00-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg2023-02-02 05_39_14-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a combination of the guided upright tool [Shift+T] to firstly define the verticals (this has limitations also!),   then apply some more Vertical transform.

My three tests-  Original, Upright Tool , +Vertical Transform

2023-02-02 05_38_28-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg2023-02-02 05_39_00-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg2023-02-02 05_39_14-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This does the trick!!

I'm not entirely sure what's going on since going into the "Vertical" tab automatically straightened the lines of the photo without the vertical slider having moved. It also squeezed the image tall so I adjusted the Aspect slider to account for it. 

Thanks a million for chiming in! Totally solves my problem and I hope this helps others trying to figure this out too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Rob --

A month later and I'm trying this again on a vertical orientation image. Problem is each time I click over to the "Vertical" transform tab from "Guided" and set vertical to 100, the slider at 100 under the Guided tab resets to zero.

Any idea why this may be happening?

I bascially only have the ability to set the vertical transform to 100 on only one tab .. doing so on the second resets the former tab's vertical slider -- rather than combining them.

Any input greatly appreciated!

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider the [Vertical] button to be a 'Preset' that will over-ride (& reset) your manual slider adjustments. (The same for [Level] )

Use [Guided] with the Upright Tool [Shift+T] and then apply the sliders.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob, thanks for the quick and helpful feedback once again. This does the trick for me! -- and hopefully for anyone else looking to solve the same problem.

Have a great weekend!

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines