• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Clipboard to copy metadata (camera, Lens, ...) to use anywhere f.e. in smart Collection?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just switched (or try to do...) from Apple Photos to LrC.

I was able to export my Apple-lib to LrC, but all smart folders/collections need to be re-created.

LrC provides the possibility, but it requires f.e. to type in the exact description of the camera or lens, which is sometimes tricky. (In Apple, the corresponding DropDown-list is pre-filled with possible values). In LrC Metadata-browser, all possible entries also exist..

Question to all of you: how to copy the string shown in the metadata-field? 

Metadata-browser:

Falk23566263fndm_0-1650467136511.png

Metadata for single picture:

Falk23566263fndm_1-1650467187596.png

I just want to copy-paste the show information (Camera, lens, whatever) to the clipboard and re-user it in another field,  f.e.  definition of the smart collection.

Different in LrC from most other Mac Applications, I cannot select/copy the shown text for whatever reason.

Am I just too stupid or is there in reality no way to do that?

If no way for clipboard, is there any way to pre-fill the possible entries in the smart Collections (Kamrea, Lens, focal length, ...)?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no way to that with the built-in features, unfortunately.  I agree it's annoying -- more and more apps and web pages impede the use of copying text.

As a workaround, you could use on of several plugins to output a text file containing the camera model, lens, or any other metadata fields, and then copy/paste the text from that file: Any Filter, Listview, Data Explorer, or LR/Transporter. Those plugins each offer much different additional capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines