• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Lightroom Classic Release 12.1, I am not able to Edit in Photoshop one of my Lightroom Photos

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom Classic Release 12.1, I am not able to Edit in Photoshop one of my Lightroom Photos.

I am using Lightroom Classic Release 12.1 and Photoshop Release 24.1.0

I saw a post suggesting uninstalling Photoshop and re-installing but that did not help.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom but that did not help.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am using Windows 10 Home

This worked yesterday but not today.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall and then reinstall in the right order? That's really important. Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice regarding the order to unload and load Photoshop and Lightroom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that work? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it did work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it ONLY ONE photo that is the problem, or ALL photos? (eg. one corrupt image file.)

Are the photos shown with the exclamation mark [!] that indicates they are missing?

Is the Menu command to [Edit In] Photoshop greyed out?

Do you see any Error messages? (Quote them in exact words!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem appears to be related to the last files I uploaded to Lightroom.

To answer your questions:

1. This problem is related to the last set of photos I uploaded to Lightroom.  These files were uploaded from a single directory on my hard drive.  Other uploads appear to work as expected, the photos open in Photoshop when I select Edit in > Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2023.
  2. There are no exclamation marks that indicate they are missing.
  3. For the one directory of photos, the Edit In Photoshop is greyed out.
  4. I see no error messages.

It turned out that I made a beginners mistake.  I re-named the photo file names outside of Lightroom.  Interestingly, I did not see the exclamation mark indicating the files were missing.  Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"re-named the photo file names outside of Lightroom."

Yep- that will cause 'Missing' files every time.

It is Rule#1- Never touch files with anything other than Lightroom-Classic.

Pleased you solved it.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines