• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V13.0.1 performance

Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a recent an d very powerful computer (Windows 11) yet with new upgrade to v13, LrC pperformance is really bad. especilly UI stutters a lot.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be specific. Performance is poor for what actions in Lightroom Classic?

Please show us your hardware as seen in Help->System Info; copy and paste as text the top 50 lines or so, down to the GPU information, not the rest after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General feeling overall is that LrC is slower in almost every aspect.

What really drive me crazy is the UI stuttering: changing sliders is often a pain since the slider cannot cope with mouse, any editing change takes that extra second. changing view or zoom is often very slow, sometimes the UI stops respoding for a couple of seconds.

None of the above problem was present with the same computer on v12.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Please show us your hardware as seen in Help->System Info; copy and paste as text the top 50 lines or so, down to the GPU information, not the rest after that."

And are your GPU drivers definitively up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an intel 17 13700F, 32GB 5200MHZ DDR5 RAM, HD 7200RPM where pics are located, SSD M.2 PCIE where catalog is located, GPU GEFORCE RTX 3050 with STUDIO drivers up to date.

System info are below but maybe one thing you missed: I started having these problems after upgrade to v13.0.1 and I am not the only oone complaining about v13.x performance.

Lightroom Classic version: 13.0.1 [ 202310121438-d2af310c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 11 - Business Edition
Version: 11.0.22621
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 24
Processor speed: 2,1GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
CPU Utilisation: 0,0%
Built-in memory: 32581,3 MB
Dedicated GPU memory used by Lightroom: 2817,0MB / 8056,0MB (34%)
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32581,3 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 1723,8 MB (5,2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5457,4 MB
GDI objects count: 785
USER objects count: 2956
Process handles count: 2381
Memory cache size: 77,6MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.0 [ 1677 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 566MB / 16290MB (3%)
Camera Raw real memory: 765MB / 32581MB (2%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Standard Preview Size: 2560 pixels
Displays: 1) 2560x1440
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 (31.0.15.3758)
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaaaaaand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And once again, which part of: it all started after 13.x uppgrade is not clear?

It's almost impossible too work: today I am cropping lots of pics and by the time I grab the cropping handle and start moving the mouse, the crop rectangle stop whiel the mouse keeps on moving and the  suddenly starts moving again where the mouse has moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And once again, which part of: it all started after 13.x uppgrade is not clear?

By @Giovanni Stoto

I give that advice to do a clean installation because it is possible the 13.x upgrade was not installed properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was

By @Giovanni Stoto

How do you know it was installed properly? Did you try to re-install according to the instructions given?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cos I'm a software engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, please teach me something ... how can you, a human user, sitting at your computer, know that there's nothing wrong with an installation of software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I uninstalled 12.5 and I stalled 13.0.1 from scratch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you know you installed it. How do you know there is nothing wrong with the installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cos I have followed the same steps you have suhggested...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaaaaaand you need to realise that we're just users, like you - we're not at your beck and call.

Your GPU is a bit underspecced, which doesn't help - but the important question is: are your GPU drivers definitively  up to date?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Underspecced? Really? Hahahaha

It was working fine on 12.5 and yes drivers are up to date, why do people always blame on drivers? Hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since upgrading to 13.0.1 from 12. Everything runs very slowly, from importing to switching modules to editing to exporting. It's like 10x slower. An export that took a few seconds now takes a few minutes. I have no idea what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sort of glad I'm not alone... There's also another thread where we are complaining that mouse stutters and using sliders is a pain 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always wonder the usefulness of these forums/communities if none from Adobe is reading and reporting back to development team.

Plenty of people with performance problem since 13.0.1 upgrade and still nothing from Adobe, and they know we cannot use another software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive found the same. Very slow in the develop module, images freezing when cycling on the film strip not allowing adjustments to be made unless I go back a few pictures to 'unlock' the frozen picture. Have tried a lot of different preview size settings and performance settings but nothing seems to be helping. Have tried re-installing 13 as suggested 10+ times with no improvements. Downgraded to 12.5 until things start looking better. Running on an m1 16gb iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography since you helped with the other issue (advance to next photo) maybe you can help us here as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Giovanni Stoto 

A question. Are you using an HDR monitor in the DEV module of Lightroom?

Have you tried using SDR on the HDR monitor?

When HDR is turned on in the Windows setting, Lightroom is very slow in the DEV module. If the GPU acceleration is turned off, Lightroom performs as it should. (But you can't use HDR.) If it is turned on Lightroom performs badly.

Personally, I think the HDR Develop setting needs a lot more work.

The computer I use is not weak either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check once at home what's Windows settings, probably off since I do not have an HDR monitor. Still, this is an issue that for.me started with v13. And no, I am not using the new HDR feature in DEV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines