Video export not working in LR11.2

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to LR11.2. Video exporting no longer seems to work. If I select "Original unedited file" it works . If I select H.264 or DPX it returns to the main screeen and then the progress bar sits at zero progress until I cancel out.   I'm using MP4 files.  As a test I tried to export a video that I successfully exported 2 weeks ago in the previous version with the same failed result.  The only thing that's changed is the upgrade to LR11.2 (and there has been a regular Windows 10 update applied in that period as well).  My disk has lots of space.  Any thoughts? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

80

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the export issue experienced in Lightroom Classic 11.2

Where are the videos stored, and where are you trying to export them? Can you try to move a few videos to the internal drive and export them. Did you try any troubleshooting steps?

Check this article for a few troubleshooting steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-video-issues.html.

 

Let us know if that helps.

 

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response.  None of the trouble shooting steps seem to apply to my issue.  However I did try "End Task" dynamiclinkmediaserver  but this did not resolve anything.  Another option I see is to "clear cache" but I am unclear as to what is being referred to.  I'm happy to try anything.


The target input files are on an internal 8TB E: drive (1+TB unused); the output is to an internal  8TB 😧 drive (7TB unused); The C: drive is 1 TB SSD, 300GB unused.  I have 64GB RAM (mostly unused).  The thing is 2 weeks ago it worked perfectly.  But now for the same file (same location) exported to a sub folder of the same folder (or the same folder)  -it doesn't work - it jsut returns to the Libary Screen and the progress bar does not move and shows zero progress.

Regular jpeg exports work - if I mix a jpeg and mp4 the Jpeg works but it stops at the mp4 (and then there is movement on the progress bar related to the jpeg part of the task).  I have tried rebooting etc.

But I have doen some more trouble shooting:

I run a parallel system on a laptop when I travel.  I take my master image from my main PC - so catalogue, previews etc (ie most of the Lightroom folder)).  Just no photos, so I run off smart previews.  I then add photos to the system, keyword them edit them etc.  So the laptop now has my master catalogue with updates.  When I come back I overwrite the Lightroom folder on my master.  And copy the the photos across and then show lightroom where they are.  Now I last copied my master to the laptop in late December.  But then didn't use it.  I have since upgraded the laptop to LR11.2.  So I went to that and imported the SD card that had the video files  (which were taken in January and had exported previously under LR11.1 on my desktop).  And I tried to export an MP4 file (taken with a Canon G7x II).  And the same outcome.  The export doesn't happen.  So its not my PC because it also happens on my laptop.  Its something about LR or some setting in LR (maybe a bit like the "Target Photo/Selected Photos" setting change fiasco that happenned between the previous updates?)  Your thoughts now???  (And thanks again for helping.)

 

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also tried .MOV and .AVI files exported to "H.264 Medium" with the same failure.  In between attempts I exit LR, <End Task> "Dynamiclink mediaserver", and then start LR11.2 again.  Hopefully clearing any buffers etc.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines