• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what happened to file naming in lightroom classic

New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file namingin the latest version of lightroom changed and I don't understand it.  I can only use a filename template editor, all the other options are gone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

I'm not sure why the templates would have disappeared, but they should be easy to restore. To do so, open the LrC Preferences, then choose the 'Presets' tab. At bottom of this tab you should see a batch of options for restoring various presets/tempaltes etc. You should click on 'Restore Filename Templates' as shown in attached screenshot.

Settings Panel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The File Naming dialog in Lightroom Classic is the same in LrC12.3 as it has been for more than a decade. I suggest you post a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brettl53394284_0-1683734048845.png

normally I can go in here and change the file name and then add a sequence and they are all field options.  I cannot see any of that now.  Only an option to edit a template.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why the templates would have disappeared, but they should be easy to restore. To do so, open the LrC Preferences, then choose the 'Presets' tab. At bottom of this tab you should see a batch of options for restoring various presets/tempaltes etc. You should click on 'Restore Filename Templates' as shown in attached screenshot.

Settings Panel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it.  I can't thank you enough! I am not sure how that happened.  At first I thought adobe made changes but couldn't understand why they would make things harder.  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming that the filename template 'Restore' button fixed the issue.

As for how they went missing - you may have inadvertently deleted/moved a folder that contained the templates. When that happens, the 'Restore' button is the easiest way to recover them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines