• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What new features in Lightroom 6 ?

Engaged ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Photoshop Lightoom 6 expected to be released later this year, what new featured would you like to see in the new version ?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Robert Frost wrote:

Isn't it about time this thread was closed, and a new one opened for LR7?

Bob Frost

Bit hard to know what to ask for in Lightroom 7 when 6 is not out yet....

But quite happy to lock this...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 415 Replies 415
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's only Windows 8, has no new features, and was released on 6 October last year.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Currently unavailable" is a bit of a clue, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

john beardsworth wrote:

Yeah, it's only Windows 8, has no new features, and was released on 6 October last year.....

It would be an extremely light upgrade,  but from a personnel perspective (with the 5DS's on the horizon) the improved superior noise reduction and accelerated performance would be very welcome.

The french website fnac have now listed the software with Merge to HDR; Fusion panoramas; Performance gains; Facial recognition; Sophisticated video slideshows; Optimized web galleries and a Filter Brush stated as additional charactaristics. Still Windows 8 however.

http://www4.fnac.com/a7799617/Adobe-Photoshop-Lightroom-6-PC-Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the most recent rumour I read suggested March for the release of LR6, and the French article seems to say to be released on 9th March. As for the Windows version, Win10 is not due to be released until October, according to the latest rumours. But with all the recent attention to Mobile stuff, who knows when we shall get LR6 - only those with inside info and they usually won't say!! Also, the move to subscriptions means that there is no need to work to a fixed release schedule any more, so it will probably arrive when face recognition works well enough.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bob frost wrote:

Well, the most recent rumour I read suggested March for the release of LR6, and the French article seems to say to be released on 9th March.

Bob Frost

The spec and March 9th release date seem feasible.  There hasn't been a public beta, but that also been the case with resent Lightroom dot releases, so going straight to announcement wouldn't surprise me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, actually that kinds of bothers me. .dot release is not a big thing. A couple of features and a few bugs being fixed is not like going to a totally new iteration with complete new set of features and a huge potential of bugs.

It's one thing to test in-house and another to expose to millions of systems. And then it is question of statistics which bugs will be addressed first.

IMO Adobe had to go out with public BETA first. :-((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diko, dot releases don't have new features. With the exception that .1 releases may sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom dot releases (other than .1) are often just bug fixes and additional lens and camera support.  However with Lightroom 5, dot's 2, 4, 5 and 7 offered useful enhancements.

• 5.2  A color noise reduction slider in the Detail panel and a feather adjustment slider for the Spot Heal tool

• 5.4  Support for Lightroom mobile

• 5.5  Support for syncing star ratings and custom sort order to Lightroom mobile and Lightroom web.

• 5.7  Support for the ability to add or read feedback provided on Lightroom web and the ability to import images from Apple Aperture and Apple iPhoto libraries into Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.2 was the first dot release of Lightroom 5 as there was no 5.1 so it follows Goeff's premise of first dot release enhancements.

The Lr Mobile support added in 5.4 and 5.5 is not useful except to Creative Cloud customers.

The Apple Import in 5.7 is a plugin.  I didn't know about the web support but it is probably Creative Cloud only too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI

There was no Lr5.1

All the other features are CC only features..... which is one of the advantages of CC.

And the Aperture Import is a plug in which was already announced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff the kiwi wrote:

FYI

There was no Lr5.1

All the other features are CC only features..... which is one of the advantages of CC.

And the Aperture Import is a plug in which was already announced.

I signed up to the Photography Plan after LR5.2 had been released, so logically thought that there must have been a LR5.1. 

Surely a Lightroom dot release, is a dot release regardless of whether it's CC only or not.  It's just not available to all.

The Aperture Import plug was already announced,  but it was still an enhancement to Lightroom at the dot 7 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diko.bg wrote:

Well, actually that kinds of bothers me. .dot release is not a big thing. A couple of features and a few bugs being fixed is not like going to a totally new iteration with complete new set of features and a huge potential of bugs.

No public Beta bothers me as well, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I would probably wait until LR 6.1 before downloading it, in the hope that it will be relatively bug free by then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bitm07 wrote:

No public Beta bothers me as well, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The public beta didn't help much in Lr5.  The last beta was pretty good but than Lr 5.0 thru a couple more updates had some severe bugs that were not in the beta. A beta would still be a good idea but the decision is probably with the bean counters at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector Scope.

Seriously. I often take a series of photos over a few hours in changing lighting conditions that need to match (like at weddings or magazine-style shoots). It would be amazing to have a vector scope so I could match skin tones and other hues through out the series, as well as keep an eye on saturation levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU acceleration

Integrated Facial recognition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Continue to improve Fuji RAW support. LR is still behind some of the other RAW converters in terms of matching the out of the camera film emulation modes and sharpening on the RAF files is not all that good.

2) Native support for Pano stitching (including support for HDR panos). That said if it's as bad as Photoshop don't bother. Why is it that my iPhone stitching app works better than photoshop?

3) Native support for HDR images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines