• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do the "removed" photos go?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with flagged photos and there was a photo included that I wanted to exclude so I right clicked on the photo and hit remove photo and then in the dialog box hit remove again, not remove from disk, and all of my flagged photos were removed.  Where do they remove to?  They are not in my trash can and I do not know where to find them.  Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

You had all the flagged photos selected that is why they all got removed.

In LR it is hard to tell which images are selected and which ones aren't, unless you know what to look for.

Look at this screen shot I did for another thread.

Grey Levels.PNG

In the images above there are 2 images selected. The brighter gray is the Primary selected and the slightly darker gray is what all secondary selected images will look like.

The mid gray is un-selected.

If you select all images displayed in the grid view and then you clic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those files have been removed from your LR catalog. Re-Importing them will bring them back.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images that are removed are in the same folder with the other images that are still in the catalog. They just aren't part of the catalog anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had all the flagged photos selected that is why they all got removed.

In LR it is hard to tell which images are selected and which ones aren't, unless you know what to look for.

Look at this screen shot I did for another thread.

Grey Levels.PNG

In the images above there are 2 images selected. The brighter gray is the Primary selected and the slightly darker gray is what all secondary selected images will look like.

The mid gray is un-selected.

If you select all images displayed in the grid view and then you click on one of the image itself, Not the gray boarder surrounding a image, that image goes from secondary selected to Primary selected but all of the images are still selected. To select only one of the multiple selected images you have to click on the gray boarder surrounding that image. Then only that one image is the selected image.

Sorry to say but once you remove an image from the LR catalog any edits, changes, you have made to it, including flags, color labels, keywords or stars are also gone. you can re-import them but all the changes you made before you removed them will be gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Select one of the flagged photos and right click on it. Select Show in Finder. There you will find the photos that you removed. When you select Remove from Catalog that's exactly what Lightroom does. It removes the reference to that image from the catalog. When you select delete from disk the images are moved from the original folder to the trash and the reference is removed from the catalog.

This video from Julienne Kost is brief but informative: Quick Tip – Deleting Photographs in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Hope it's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines