• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I make borderless prints in Lightroom classic when I can do so in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Spring I bought a new laptop (Dell) and upgraded from Lightroom 6 to Lightroom Classic. Previously, with the same printer (Canon multifunction TR8620) and my old laptop, I was able to print borderless prints from Lightroom 6 without problems. Yesterday, I tried making some prints of my Grandchildren using Lightroom Classic and the same printer. I was unable to make a borderless print in Lightroom. I was using 8 1/2 x 11 Canon photo paper. I had checked the "Zoom to fit" in Lightroom, on "page setup," which takes you to the menu for the Canon printer, I chose borderless print and selected maximum "extension." I was unable to set the margins in Lightroom at zero. It printed as shown on the screen, which produced a narrow white border around the print. I was able to print borderless by right clicking on the photo in Lightroom and selecting "edit in" and "open as a smart object in Photoshop." This opened the picture in Photoshop and I was able to print borderless with no problem in Photoshop. While this is a workaround, it seems unnecessary. What am I doing wrong in Lightroom?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR can still do this. If you're having issues, it is how you've set up the Page Setup or other output parameters which are all stored in a template that you may need to recreate from scratch. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines