• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Lightroom Classic collects import images from sources I did not specify?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am using Lightroom Classic 12.1 on Windows 11.
I wanted to see what images have piled up in my "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\   folder and all subfolders within, so I marked that one for Import.
Soon opens up the Import Window, slowly collecting images in the root folder mentioned above and all the subfolders - or so I thought.
What actually happens is, that besides the folder tree that I specified, Lightroom quite mysteriously and erratically begins collecting images that are definitely not part of the folder tree mentioned above, but reside at completely different parts of my HD. For example
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Templates\Layout Templates\16x9-folio\creative16x9\page_30_preview.jpg"
or
"C:\Program Files\elk_stack\kibana-8.4.3\src\plugins\home\public\assets\aws_logs\screenshot.png"
or
even clipart from some subdirectory of the C:\Windows\ System folder.

From those sources the Lightroom import keeps dragging thousands of quite irrelevant icons, logos, buttons, etc.
Any suggestions how to limit Lightroom photo imports only to those folders that I did actually specify ?

-Regards, Rolf

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll help you figure this out. Lightroom should read images from within the selected folder & its subfolders (optionally).

Please share a screenshot of Lightroom's Import screen.

You can try disabling the 'Include subfolders' to stop Lightroom from reading importable assets when looking at a root directory.

Import Subfolders.gif

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines