• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Win) Photoshop Could not open filename because there isn't enough room to display this document.

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't open LR edit in PS due to error...."Could not open because there isn't enough room to display the document"....This is annoying and I can't find an answer....I've attached a screen shot.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Hey @davidg51. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > attach here or upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share the link here?

Past reports of similar issues were linked to the screen's pixel dimension. To deduce if it is Photoshop, go to the location of the preference folder below and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @davidg51. I'll need more info to help you figure this out. Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > attach here or upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share the link here?

Past reports of similar issues were linked to the screen's pixel dimension. To deduce if it is Photoshop, go to the location of the preference folder below and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Press Windows + R & type this is the Run Window - %APPDATA%\Adobe

SameerK_0-1679690494835.png
  • Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added the system info and uploaded to the link you wrote and it's also attached here. David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sameer, I also uninstalled PS CC and reinstalled it, since I had the same issue last year. It did not correct the issue. I only edit NEFs so my files are quite large. I've done this for years and this just started 2 weeks ago

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it started working again thanks. Don't know why but it works. 

• Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer K, Again I have the dreaded error message in Photoshop, can't open, not enough room. Using Control E, it the image will not open in PS unleass I do it twice. Again, is this coming with updates to PS?? It's really annoying and I can't remember how to address it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer K, I just found a very simple solution that someone in LR posted a couple years ago. Doesn't make sense but it corrected the issue of not enought room to open image in PS. Adobe needs to address this, I can't be the only one having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello.

I am having the same error on MacOS 12.6.9 with LrC 12.5 and Ps 25.0.0. I did not receive this error with Ps 24.7.1.

As for a workaround, in LrC I choose to open in Photoshop 2023 as a smart object. Save the file. Then in Photoshop 2024,  File>Open, then choose the newly created file.

If this is associated with my monitors, I am using two monitors: Dell U2722Q and a Dell U4021QW.

I agree, this is an anomaly that has arisen with v25.0.0 and impacts my usual workflow, it should be identified and fixed.

Thank you very much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines