• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Win10) Lightroom Classic v11.5 crash importing any photo

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed to uninstall and reinstall various time from Creative Cloud Desktop, also manually erasing the catalog, rebooting the desktop but the program don't want to work. At the opening of any new photo it crash and I need to stop using the windows task manager.
Now, follwing some suggestions taken in a social media, I install a previous version 11.3.1 and everything work perfectly.
The Desktop is an Intel I9-10900F CPU, 32 GB ram, video nvidia RTX 2080 super, I cheched memory and disk that work well.
Has Lightroom CC 11.5 strong bugs??

{Thread title updated & thread moved to Lightroom Classic board by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. I'll help you figure this out.

Where is the catalog stored? On an internal drive or an external drive? Where are you importing from? Does it occur with JPEG or RAW images? Has the crash happened since a recent update to Lightroom or the operating system?

Do you see an error code or crash report when Lightroom crashes?

Please go to Lightroom Classic > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Set it to Off if it is on Custom or Auto. If this shows you any differences in performance, please check this article to troubleshoot further: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Let us know if this helps,
Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2018

It's a known problem and Adobe are working on a fix.

This has been an issue since I saw posts on it in 2017.  I'm having the same problem with a Ryzen 9 5950x, 32gb RAM, RX5700xt graphics card.  Importing from SD card to internal SSD drive (D:) on Windows 11.  Everything is up to date. 

I never get an error code when it crashes, but leaving the PC for around 15 minutes seems to get the photos to the stage I can import.  Never mind that my PC performs abysmally during this period.

Odd that the suggestion to disable a GPU feature is the only solution offered in five years.  This is despite the fact that Abode touts the GPU acceleration as a beneficial feature:

You can use devices with a compatible graphics processor (also called a graphics card, video card, or GPU) in Lightroom to speed up the task of applying edits to images in Detail view. If you run Lightroom on a Windows computer, using a compatible graphics processor accelerates rendering of images in Photo GridSquare Grid, and Filmstrip. Enhance Details feature in Lightroom is also accelerated by GPU. Using a compatible graphics processor can also provide a significant speed improvement on high-resolution displays, such as 4K and 5K monitors.

My GPU meets all the requirements, far exceeding in some (8133 in GPU compute compared to the required 2000 minimum).  I don't have this problem on my MacBook Pro, so it's obviously a Windows issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmm, while the original posting is not all that old, and perhaps the Author may yet respond, I think you should still post your own discussion as to not muddy up the waters. For one, you have a different GPU, for another, the author has accomplished a lot of useless steps (typically uninstall/reinstall is a drastic last step and often if no value)

So, please repost in a new discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines