• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wordroom plugin by image

Enthusiast ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone here ever used this plugin? Any comments or advice on it. 

It sounds like a pretty good way to add keywords in light room and I'm thinking about trying it but have never heard of the developer or app before.

thanks,

Tom O'Connell

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

John-

Many thanks. They have a trial copy but wanted a little comfort knowing that some other LR users have heard of thema and/or tried it. That's as much as I can hope for. I'm going to give it a try and see how it works for some stock photos that i've wanted to upload but cringe at the thought of laborious keywording. 

cheers,

Tom O'Connell

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have never used, so cannot rate its practical use. It looks very interesting.

What does it cost? (Try for "Free"- nothing about price on the websites!)

Looks good for 'stock' photographers, or anyone wanting their images to be found by keywords on internet sites.

Seems to be 'overkill' for someone like me- just a 'small-time' amateur hobbyist.

I find that the panels- [Keyword Suggestions] and [Keyword Set]-Presets are sufficient for me.

Interested to hear other comments also.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for a list of similar plugins and services:

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyvision.htm#similar

There are two main categories of use:

- careful keywording of smaller numbers of photos, typically to send to a stock agency.

- searching large catalogs without needing to manually keyword.

The list calls out which plugin is best for which use.  Wordroom is targeted to careful keywording for stock agencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John-

Many thanks. They have a trial copy but wanted a little comfort knowing that some other LR users have heard of thema and/or tried it. That's as much as I can hope for. I'm going to give it a try and see how it works for some stock photos that i've wanted to upload but cringe at the thought of laborious keywording. 

cheers,

Tom O'Connell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rob. I'm going to give it a try for some stock uploads....just can't stand doing it manually 🙂

Tom O'Connell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob-

I'm probably more small time than you !   I want to get my feet wet in stock photos and I tried but could not stand the amount of time it took to manually keyword each image, so I pretty much stopped uploading quite a while ago, but it is just so enticing and I keep thinking about it. If this really can automate the process,  I'm on board...still in a small way.

The price is Free for the 12, 000 words or less a month. If I ever need more than that, I've been spending too much time uploading instead of shooting LOL

thanks again

Tom O'Connell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines