• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom Mouse Wheel

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it somehow possible to zoom the image in Lightroom with the mouse wheel like in Windows?
Strangely enough, it works in Photoshop, but I haven't found it in Lightroom yet.

I work on a Mac Book Pro 16 M1

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR doesn't provide that feature, unfortunately.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thats not nice the new lightroom does support it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding Ctrl key allows zoom with the mouse wheel.

That's not the most productive or responsive way to work in LrC though, in my own opinion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry at my mac it doesnt work, you have a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows: sorry - I think I misread the initial question. I would doubt that many Windows users of LrC even use this option though - I have not seen it mentioned before here. I find it laborious and slow to scroll zoom, having got very used to click-zooming between 1:1 and Fit specifically, and assessing sharpening etc at those particular zoom factors only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot that Ctrl + Wheel zooms in Windows LR; but Ctrl or Cmd + Wheel doesn't do anything in Mac LR.  Some people like scrubby zoom, but inexplicably it only works in Develop.  This article gives a good overview of the LR zoom options:

https://jkost.com/blog/2020/07/zooming-in-lightroom-classic.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people like scrubby zoom, but inexplicably it only works in Develop.

Scrubby zoom uses GPU acceleration. It works in Develop module because that module has GPU support. Unfortunately, GPU support is not currently available in the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"GPU support is not currently available in the Library module."

Hmm, this Adobe help article says the GPU is used in Library, including Loupe view:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html 

"When configured (Preferences > Performance), Lightroom Classic can use a compatible graphics processor (also called a graphics card, video card, or GPU) to speed up tasks of displaying and adjusting images in the Develop module, the Library module's Grid view, Loupe view, and Filmstrip."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only need the zoom function in the develop mode. But i think there is stil no way to get zoom with the mouse wheel 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Shift]+ [Left Click]+Scrub (side to side) will work similarly.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines