• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add an option for/bring back the compact slider layout in the masking panel

Engaged ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 12.1 adds a "segmented" slider layout in the masking panel.

I understand that it is desirable to make Lightroom Classic more beginner friendly, and also prepare the UI somehow for the arrival of local Tone Curve adjustments... but, having used the software since 2007, I really do not need the extra labels there. They are not useful, I'm sorry. I know that "Texture" and "Clarity" etc. fall under the "Presence" section, simply by looking at their position in the "Basic" panel.

Worse though, these segments and their headers consume an ENORMOUS amount of valuable screen real estate.

I'm using a 27" 5k display, but with this new layout, I need to scroll to see what a local adjustment does when I have only two active masks in an image — and I very often have more*.

The segments also make it much harder to get a quick glance at the various combinations of adjustments that have been used in a mask.

I'm sorry to say it but this UI change doesn't improve things, it only gets in the way.

Long story short: I VASTLY prefer the "big stack of sliders" without any labels.

At the very least, please add an option to switch between a compact "stack of sliders" and the new "segmented" view. Or give us an option to change the layout and contents of this UI ourselves, just like it is possible with the Metadata panel.

Thanks,

Alex.

-----------

*) I know that one can "undock" the masking panel but it covers a part of the image, and with the way I use the brush with many single clicks, a nervous mess. (if the ENTIRE masking panel, WITH the sliders, could be a second column that does not cover a part of the image it would be different, but that's not what we have.)

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"also prepare the UI somehow for the arrival of local Tone Curve adjustments..." and other new adjustments also. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is good to know that other new adjustments might be coming. But they could be added to a compact layout just as well. Like Whites/Blacks/Dehaze/Texture/Hue etc. have been. A local Tone Curve panel can be added below a compact stack of sliders, too.

I love local adjustments and masking. I use them in every photo. The segmentation entangles these tools in useless gimmicks and breaks the flow of using them. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so agree with Alex......tomorrow, I get to pick up a new MacAir and I know that it will be a lot of scrolling.  So, with regard to a suggestion I havew made multiple times, why not allow us to break off all th4se panels and arrange them as we would like instead of locking them together.  On a separate monitor; a window on one monitor; our iPad running sidecar - whatever!   Let's make LrC work like a normal windowing program.  And that would also allow for multiple instances of the Fold3r and collection sub-panels to make drag-and-drop while organzing infinitely easier and safer.   Anything to stop the interminable scrolling.

jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography  I find a five word reply to a post pointing a detailed explanation of a design flaw in the upcoming update kind of insulting. Maybe it's just me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't mind Rikk's short response; I'm glad to have his attention on this conversation, let's be kind. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate