• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add Support for Cinematic video files from iPhone 13 Pro Max

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to import the new Cinematic video files to Lightroom Classic (updated) from my iPhone 13 Pro Max (iOS 15.0.2). Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The August 2023 updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
27 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I'd love this issue to be patched, in the meantime, has anyone applied their own fix and can share their experience? I've considered the following:

-When importing, using LrC's 'move' feature to put all un-imported videos into a directory separate directory, bulk applying some kind of transcoding to a format that LrC would like, then moving these back into the original directory for import.

Use case: once per week I want to import all photos and the occasional video to LrC so larger videos can be removed from the iPhone and everything would be catalogued. I move long-form videos (10 minute +) into a separate directory on my NAS so it doesn't bog down LrC, but for the day-to-day clips (regular video and cinematic), it'd be nice to just offload these in the LrC library. Not a wild request imo 😄 Anyone elses thoughts / experiences for a mid-term fix would be great to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking into this a little further, and at the risk of repeating some of what has already been discussed previously, it appears that the video file that won't import has a second video track.

The video file that does import includes the modifications to make it appear cinematic (narrow depth of field to enhance the focal point of the video):

iltb2000_0-1713552110742.png

The video file that does not import (gets the incompatible error) contains the original video (uncinematic, wide depth of field) plus a second video track, which I can only guess contains the information to turn the original video into cinematic focus:

iltb2000_1-1713552214717.png

I hope that helps in resolving this import issue so that both files can be imported into Lightroom.

Thanks!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate