• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Constrain to crop - always ON via an option.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe - make such an option. To just completely disable this absolutely useless for most feature. I want LRC to never show these white areas, at all. I am an architectute photograph, i sometimes have a thousand pics a day to run through LRC and a lot of them Auto align with white parts all over. I know a can make a preset for this to be on, but so much simpler just to disable this. Thanks!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto! I've been looking for a way to do this for years. I almost never want to not constrain the crop in the Transform section or in the crop tool. Needing to click on the constrain crop option for every single photo is painful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us an option to turn on (and off) Constrain Crop by default. I frequently end up with small white edges (from rotating, transforming and HDR merges) and then need to either crop off the white edge or turn on "constrain crop" which stays on only for that image. I'd like it turned on ALL of the time and that is not currently possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I include activating 'Constrain Crop' in a general-purpose Develop preset that is routinely called and applied by my import preset. So this costs zero effort and is not an extra step to do. So in practice: I do always find this option already checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Richard thanks, I do this as well. And it is a great idea. But even at that, it still does not work when using a workflow that sends to Photoshop and then returns to LRC at which point it is turned off again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a preset dedicated to each of the Upright options, and those include ensuring Constrain is ON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. So essentially, you're rarely using that panel, you are only using your presets? Good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not heavily into presets and not consistent about their use. Nor does it matter much. Because: photos can easily be edited as a group e.g. with AutoSync, and not only by the use of presets but also manual changes experimentally done. Say the same update is to go onto forty photos as a first approximation: surely it's preferable to perform these changes just once affecting those 40 photos, than to repeat performing them 40 times?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be if the Constrain Crop tick box was ticked by default. In years of using Lightroom I have never done a crop that didn't need constraining. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate