• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export - Resize to fit megapixels - smaller than 1,0

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and Lightroom Classic 10.4 for batch processing.

I really would like to see a software change to batch resizing to megapixels smaller than 1,0 megapixels.

Steps:

Open LrC

Select a lot of images

Click button Export...

In the dialogbox scroll down to Image Sizing

Choose Resize to Fit: Megapixels

Enter 0,5 in the inputbox before megapixels

You will see an error message stating that the number entered must be between 1,0 and 512,0

I would like to enter a number as low as 0,1 megapixels. But 0,5 should be enough.

With images having different aspect ratios it is very time consuming to group them by aspect ratio and then resize in groups to a certain long edge.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With images having different aspect ratios it is very time consuming to group them by aspect ratio and then resize in groups to a certain long edge.

Create Smart Collections based on size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to see this too. I feel like any value should be valid for the megapixel size, at least on the "minimum" end. It seems arbitrary to place a minimum at 1.0. I can export images smaller than 1 megapixel in other ways. Why not here?

My use case is that I'm exporting images for a photography website. I'm exporting small, medium, and large images (1.0 MP, 1.5, MP, and 2.0 MP) and dynamically displaying the image that fits best based on screen real estate.  I like doing this by megapixels instead of by width or height given that I have a mix of portrait, landscape, and square images. Problem is, I can't go lower than 1 megapixel with this approach right now, but hosting an extra small size < 1.0 MP isn't an unreasonable ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate