• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Move [Done] Button from beneath Histogram back to Toolbar [T]

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Done" button on the "T" panel doesn't show up anymore when in crop or masking tool. I'm missing it.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 152 Replies 152
152 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At ralfs20060965,

There is a new update to LrC version 12.0.1 with fixes for macOS and a number of other bug fixes. Check the post at the top of the forum.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just updated to Lightroom Classic-Version: 12.0.1 [ 202210260744-9e008017 ] and it is not fixed. Button is still missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why it is posted in this thread, since the "Done" button has not returned. I assume it was not a bug, but intentional, so we have not much hope to see it returned, although I don't see the logic behind it's scrapping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OT  If you haven't used the clone tool yet, the circles are gone! O----O

Now we have to relearn how to use a tool we've had no trouble with for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think this button's removal was intentional. User pressure might restore it - but even so, no application's interface should IMO be forced to stand still over time, We need to stand ready to give the benefit of doubt, and to adapt when needed. Very often we will feel differently about such changes once accustomed to the newer way.

If you regarded this Done button's previous provision as logical and useful - or regardless of that, if it's got firmly encoded into your habits - then removing it now may seem (for you) inexplicable - apparently needless and therefore infuriating . That's a genuine reaction that of course people have every right to experience and without being criticised!

But if OTOH you regarded its previous provision as something inconsistent and redundant - I for example, have genuinely never seen any point in having it - removing this button now may be (for you) merely a logical clean-up. Why support something being removed, when its presence hadn't affected you practically? Perhaps your idea of usability puts a higher value on pursuing clarity and economy, than it does on keeping things the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having worked in UI and software design in several SCRUM environments, I have to strongly disagree.  The toolbar itself can be opened and closed, and users can accept that saving/done is automatic. Action is needed so that further key strokes or mouse movements don't change your intentions (the DONE/close/eXit action.)  This is problem thoughout Lightroom.  Example:  If you're cropping 50 images, and alt-arrow past the last image the crop tool, it moves your crop and changes the icon to a measuring tool.

The icons are the tools themselves, but the "edit" icon breaks the flow of this box.  IF it was an X icon to the right of the other tools, it would be in line with other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Skyrunr, that's interesting.

Do you think it is in some way wrong to now re-frame "general editing" as a distinct mode of working?

To put it a different way, general editing has never had a Done button - you can just switch directly into Crop if that's what you want to do next. And when in Crop, you can switch directly into Local Adjustment. So why should crop and local adjustment and the others require a Close action specifically, as distinct from switching directly to doing general editing, if that's what you want to do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every panel and view in Lightroom can edit (quick edit or develop.)  For this discussion the problem is with the button's location, in place of the crop icon, and it's name "edit."  The icon indicates the sliders below which are always available as well.  There's just no logic or benefit to it.  For me, it is just in the way of working.

A good approach to UI is to think of a similar interface and function.  If you put that function in another application, would it be intuitive, or even make sense?  I like to use a car as an example.  Lets add an edit button that in this case looks like climate control, to the dashboard or touchscreen that doesn't do anything. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Done" button was right where it was. Click on it, next picture and then the "Previous" button. And now you could change small things in this picture if necessary. Now I have to click with the pen all the way up, the new "Done" button and then all the way down to press "Previous" (before that, of course, I had to go one picture further).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Done" button has been part of my workflow for years. It has been "missing" for only a short time but I am still looking for it after cropping, working with masks, etc. 

Really do hope they bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's nice that there's another way to close filters or be "done" with something (for those that accidentally hide their toolbar), it makes absolutely no sense to completely remove the done button. Why not just have both? Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Bring back the "done" button

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom with a "done" button for years. It's part of my workflow ingrained in my brain. I'm constantly looking for it and I suppose after time I'll stop thinking "oh crap, they took it out for some unknown reason". I know there are work arounds to what I've been trained to do using this interface for so long. But was it really worth impacting so many customers with a change of suspect value? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually bought a loupedeck and now this whole removal of the done button actually costs me time in edits, so therefore editing and changing a workflow step slows editing a wedding down.  Why change something that works so well.  

Seems like Adobe are deliberately making the UI worse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would like it to return I'm missing it badly

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not like there's something in the same space where Done was before, so there's no reason to take it out. Like others have said, there's something about muscle memory that helps processes get done faster.  I always have to pause when I'm cropping as the Done button was always my confirmation that yes, I'm happy with this crop and am now done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thousands of wedding photos to edit and the missing done button is slowly down an already time-consuming process! Please bring it back ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Circles are not gone, just now we have 3 tools in one (content aware remove, clone, heal) and by default is the first one is selected. Once you switch to actual "clone" you see your O-------O circles 😃 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osovitskiy  RE circles  Somehow the tool overlay got disabled.  I've never used or even noticed the additional tool settings below the image.  They should be in the tool itself.  Taking up horizontal space wastes viewing space.  I suspect that LR may have changed the default view.  This was resolved in another thread.  Your reply was not helpful or productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please help this senior and restore the "Done" button on all (crop, spot, masks) of the editing tools that used to appear in lower right of the image area. I am becoming extremely frustrated trying to process my images. I wouldn't have updated to the the 12.0.1 version if I had known this was missing. Now, I don't know how to return to the latest version 11 of Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The done button was very helpful please put it back to the next update 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do the developers feel the need to completely change a gazillion things so you have to completely relearn Lightroom? There is no longer a DONE button after cropping and other alterations. The healing brush tool has completely changed and I have no idea how to use it. There is no erase option for linear gradients. WHY?!!! I didn't spend years learning lightroom to suddenly have the whole thing turned upside down. Good grief! Maybe improve and add features rather than change everything to a different layout! FRUSTRATING! Completely slows down my work flow as I have to relearn everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted, had replied to a post not completely related to the Done button, more about frustration with upgrades etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also deleted, same issue, in this case, editing a seperate reply, and the post went missing (as it turns out, moved)

Votes

Translate

Translate