Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photo Harmonization Tool in Lr Classic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to suggest an app improvement for Lr Classic which would consist in "photo harmonazition" and, as the name itself suggests, could help harmonizing automaticaly a group of photos based on one single edited photo.

Sometimes syncronizing the same editing settings throughout a group of photos, which a photographer aims to have a similar look at the end, does not work properly because, even if all the pictures come out from the same shoot but for some reason were taken in slightly different lighting conditions, some settings such as whitebalance, exposure, curves, color grading, calibration and so on have to be applied in different proportions in order to achive the same final look.

For that reason, instead of just "Syncronize" Lr Classic could also provide a "Photo Harmonazition" tool and in this case the software would calculate by itself what percentage of each setting needed to be applied, in each selected photo, in order to get the same aperance of the picture chosen as reference.

Does it make any sense?

For me it would represent a massive improvement and would save me hours regarding the amount of editing I have to do on my daily bases at work.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move into Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FRIVOTTI 

AI could be used to achieve what you suggest.

Ai would samples several values in the Master Photo ( darkest black, brightest white, middle gray, HSL of colors ,etc...) then using "Photo Harmonizing" it would change the settings on the destination photo to get the same exact values.

This is kinda what we do in Photoshop or ACR already.

Place a sampler on Master Photo, read the values > adjust in the others for a perfect match.

Ai would do it for us.

At today we don't have Sampler in LrC.

Another case of LrC being left behind and being inferior to ACR.

Vote hereSampler Panel in LrC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might check out this plugin:

https://www.batch.ai/theplugin

It's relatively expensive, but if you're processing large volumes of photos, it might be much cheaper than what you're effectively spending now (your time or outsourcing).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis 

That one is absurdly expensive IMO.

I think Adobe should definitely take a shot at Ai for Syncing settings.

Adobe might also start making the existing copy/sync good and work correctly, you know like your Plug-in.

Match Exposure as well needs much work, it's very dated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@FRIVOTTI 

I highly recommend you to use and but Copy Settings made by John.

If you are syncing settings across photos regularly it is better than LrC internal copy/sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate