• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Restore Import from external catalog over LAN?

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update to Lightroom Classic CC on both of my systems I am not able to import from the catalog on the other computer via ethernet. I get an error message that the external catalog seems to be a non valid Lightroom-catalog. On the other computer the catalog works.

I run Lightroom on an iMac and a MacBook. Usually I import pictures to my MacBook to sort and develop them - for example when I am traveling. From time to time I use the functionality "import from another catalog" on my iMac to get the new pictures from the catalog which is stored on the MacBook via LAN/WLAN. In the previous version this was working fine. Since the update to Lightroom Classic CC I see the error message above.

When I copy the catalog and the negative files from my MacBook into a folder on my iMac I am able to import them into the iMac catalog. So the issue should have to do with access via network.

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018
The team has carefully reviewed the outstanding issue regarding import from an external catalog over a LAN and will not be making any further changes in current (7.x) functionality or planned future functionality in this regard. Though we realize it may have been possible to do this in previous versions, Lightroom was not designed nor intended to allow the import of an external catalog over a LAN.

Thank you for your patience while we researched this request.

(Note: edited to include versions beyo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
51 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoops, I forgot to add the screenshot that displays the status of the feature request.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate