• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Shared Catalog keywords and settings

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make heavy use of keywords in my catalogs to find images. Because of that, I also rely on the auto-complete keyword feature to keep them consistent. I've been using only one catalog for all of my photos, over 215,000 so far. The catalogs aren't meant to hold so many photos but when I create a new catalog it doesn't save any of my keywords or any of my other catalog-specific settings. It would be really nice to have a higher-level settings area where LrC would remember keywords, publish services, import develop settings, import presets, metadata presets, export presets, develop presets, and more. Having to recreate all these things every time I create a new catalog makes me never want to create a new catalog.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export your keywords from your catalog and import it to a new one. 

Here you'll find informations how to do that: Exporting and Importing a Keyword List - Lightroom Killer Tips

Presets will be store outside of the catalog and can be accessed from all catalogs that you have created. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like perhaps you have checked the 'Store Presets with this Catalog' option. As @AxelMatt said, everything you mention is stored in a default location and used by every catalog you create, except for keywords which you can export and import.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Axel and Johan, that did fix my concerns although I realized that my published services don't transfer 😞 ... is there a way to bring those along too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... is there a way to bring those along too?

By @tonyd256

In the new catalog, in the Publish Service, you will need to Set Up the particular service, after that some syncing might occur, might take awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate