• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sort by more fields, sort by multiple fields

LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metadata fields provide an opportunity to liberate us from the difficulties of using the file system (filenames and directories) for sorting and searching. The Lightroom sort options should take advantage of this. I would particularly like to sort on the Title and Caption fields, and to use multiple sort criteria, as in Sort by Title and then by Capture Time.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Agreed.  It's trivial to add more sorting options.

As a less-convenient workaround while waiting for Adobe to implement this long-requested ability, you can use the Any Filter plugin's Sort command.

Votes

Translate

Translate
56 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis Thanks John.  Appreciate the tip about title in search text.  Sorting was what I was after, but threw the filter request in too.  I have a copy of Any Filter plugin.  ;*)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is long overdue that the sort by filter gets more useful than it is now. 

In Lightroom Classic, we need to filter and arrange files all the time and to see bigger or smaller files on top is of paramount importance for many uses. It is really weird the Lightroom still does not allow to use the Filter option by size, or MP or......Still very much handicapped when it could be much more useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  It's trivial to add more sorting options.

As a less-convenient workaround while waiting for Adobe to implement this long-requested ability, you can use the Any Filter plugin's Sort command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello:

I just bought the plugin. Could not find where the old demo one was located so I had to uninstall the older version and install the new version. Thank you for making this plugin . It is really useful. Also very important that message to put the sort in "custom order" I did not read it the first time I created the sort by size collection and I did see no change of the images I wanted sorted. I will never click that "no show again" checkbox as I am sure that I will forget it has to be in that "custom order" to work ok. Lightroom can still be so unintuitive in many things like this one. The intuitive way should be that once the collection is created the sort order goes automatically by default to custom on that collection. In any case, it is good to have all those reminders to help navigate the unintuitive actions and results of LR sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate