• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe lightroom Downloader app reads incorrect size of file storage

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the adobe lightroom dowloader app to download all my lightroom files to a local 1TB drive (I do not have access to local files anymroe as i'm stuck in another country during covid).  It initially said I had 30+k files and needed 1.1TB to store them.  So I went online and deleted about 9,000 files, then went to the trash and emptied it.  Now when I run the app, it says I need 1.3TB of storage and that I have 35k files and 9k of deleted files. Not only is it reading permanently deleted files, it seems to be counting them twice and is actually saying I need more storage after deleting all thse files.  This is a horrible design flaw.   Can anyone help?  I have reinstalled the app and logged in and our repeatedly hoping it would gather more 'currect' data but with no luck.

Here's the message it says:

Your Lightroom account contains 34,511 photos, 0 videos, 9,348 deleted photos, and 0 deleted videos totaling 1.3 TB. Choose a download destination that has enough free space to hold these files.

I didn't save the previous message but I do recall that before deleting these images it said I only need 1.1 TB to download all files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the answer.  Under the app menus in toolbar (for Mac), under Download there is Sign Out and Start Over.  Why only those two options are under the title "Download" makes no obvious sense.  If you log out and log in nothing changes but if you click "Start Over" it finally reread my data correct.  This after 4-5 days of scrambling to borrow a larger external harddrive to accomodate the mystery file sizes.  

Here's what the message now says after starting over:

Your Lightroom account contains 25,233 photos, 0 videos, 0 deleted photos, and 0 deleted videos totaling 748.6 GB. Choose a download destination that has enough free space to hold these files.

I wasted a few days on this and probably deleted 5000 more files than I needed but I did finally get it to work!

Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines