• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Profiles now missing in LR Classic CC 7.3.1

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could someone tell me the correct folder in which to place my .dcp camera profiles please?  I have put them in the place they were before 7.3 came out but they no longer show in the interface, only the standard profiles that come with LR are there.  I have tried CameraProfiles in Camera Raw (which is where they worked fine previously) but they just don't show up any more.  A friend is having the same issue.  I have checked that they are in the folder. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Make sure you have a raw file selected that matches one of the missing camera profiles. If still missing see the below post with the same issue and a solution (for now):

Manage Workspace - Get Satisfaction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frostick,

Sorry that the camera profiles are missing after the latest Lightroom Classic CC 7.3.1 update.

DCP profiles (such as those created by XRite Passport, the Adobe DNG Profile Creator, as well as 3rd parties like VSCO, RNI, etc.) are stored the user profile location:

• Mac: Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles /

• Windows: C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ CameraProfiles \

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, 

My DCP Profiles are in the Camera Profiles and its still not showing up in Lightroom....  any suggestions as to why that could be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have a raw file selected that matches one of the missing camera profiles. If still missing see the below post with the same issue and a solution (for now):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  That's done it!  I didn't realise that the software made it so it would only show on RAW files taken with the camera that created the profile.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frostick  wrote

Thank you!  That's done it!  I didn't realise that the software made it so it would only show on RAW files taken with the camera that created the profile🙂

Glad to help. That is correct for the current DCP camera profiles, but LR 7.3 has added "creative" profiles that are camera model and file type independent. You can also make your own creative profiles to establish a specific rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey old friend, would you recommend upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3.1 or are there still issues? Honest opinion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mickspawn  wrote

Hey old friend, would you recommend upgrading from 7.2 to 7.3.1 or are there still issues? Honest opinion?

LR 7.3 adds the new XMP creative profiles and Develop presets. Currently there is an issue with the "sorting" of Develop presets (not in order and not manually changeable). Adobe is aware of the issue and working on a solution for the next update. Regardless you may want to update to LR 7.3.1 because it fixes an issue with the LR catalog backups that causes them to become corrupt during the ZIP compression process. You can stick with LR 7.2 and manually copy the LR catalog to your backup drive, which should work OK. To test your current working catalog file(s) or previous backups files 1) close LR, 2) hold down the Ctrl or Cmd key and 3) then relaunch LR. In the pop-up select the the file you want to test and check 'Test integrity of this catalog.' Make sure backup files are unzipped before testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i thought 7.3.1 also fixed the sorting presets bug... (or so i was told)

i dont actually use backups from lightroom i let time machine do it for me

can you recommend a good tutorial on backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mickspawn  wrote

i thought 7.3.1 also fixed the sorting presets bug... (or so i was told)

Nope, my custom Develop presets are still not in alphanumeric sort order.

mickspawn  wrote

i dont actually use backups from lightroom i let time machine do it for me

can you recommend a good tutorial on backups?

If using Time Machine you should be OK. For tutorials these should cover it:

How to back up catalogs in Lightroom Classic CC

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/backup-lightroom-files/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the below thread:

Presets a total mess in Lightroom 7.3

please refer to Akash Sharma post in reply to me stating that

"

Hi mickspawn,

Please update to the latest version 7.3.1 of Lightroom and your presets will be sorted correctly, so the update from 7.2 to 7.3.1 should work fine.

There was another issue related to the preset conversion which has been worked upon. We have created a documentation to explain what has changed and fixed: Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 not converting all the develop presets (.lrtemplate) to XMP

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Akash"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mick, that link Akash provided concerns the issue where some users custom Develop presets were not converted to XMP format. This is a separate issue where the user's presets don't even appear in LR 7.3.1. Nothing to do with sort order.....they aren't in LR. Here's a screenshot showing some of my presets inside LR 7.3.1. They all converted to XMP just fine, but the sort order is a mess!

I suggest clicking on 'Follow' at the below link to get the latest info on this issue, which is still marked 'In Progress.' I'm sure Adobe will fix this in the next update. IMHO-If you don't have a lot of Develop presets it shouldn't be a big issue updating to 7.3.1 now.

Lightroom Classic 7.3: Develop presets not sorting correctly | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand.  That is disappointing.  As i took it from the reply that the sort issue had also been rectified.

Have you found a performance difference between 7.2 and 7.3.1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mickspawn  wrote

i understand.  That is disappointing.  As i took it from the reply that the sort issue had also been rectified.

It may have been fixed for some people who had a "short list" of Develop presets. In my case it may also have been due to updating to LR 7.3 rolling back to 7.2, and then finally updating again to 7.3.1. I don't know, but I do have a lot of presets (245 files in 10 folders).

mickspawn  wrote

Have you found a performance difference between 7.2 and 7.3.1 ?

I'm not seeing any real difference, but then I wasn't experiencing performance issues with 7.x or any previous versions. YMMV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i might take the plunge and update.. i need support for my A7III camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking under the Basic panel? Click on the grid icon to the far right.

Untitled-1.png

Akash - it sounds like the OPs camera profiles are in the correct location however they are not showing up in the develop modules profiles panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm having the same issue on LR Classic 10.4. My VSCO profiles are missing yet they seem to be working. I only shoot in RAW and convert to .dng when importing my photos to LR so I don't understand. Can someone let me know exactly where the profiles should be nested ie which folder (please include path MAC OS X Big Sur 11.2). Or if there is any other solution. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Custom camera profiles should be placed in the below folder location.

Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / CameraProfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines