• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can NOT find some newly uploaded Presets

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a bundle of Photo Serge presets the other day which included 10 sets of Lightroom presets.  Of the 10 sets of presets that I uploaded, five of them I can see in the presets menu, and five I can not see.

I have 'Show Partially Compatible Presets' checked, and 'Store presets with this catalogue' unchecked. 

The Adobe - Lightroom CC - Develop Presets folder, doesn't even show all the preset sets I CAN see in the menu, and certainly doesn't show the ones I can't see. 

I have switched LR off and on again. I have switched my computer off and on again.

I uploaded all the sets of presets in the same way. They are all .xmp files.

When I try AGAIN to upload one of the sets that I can not see in the preset menu, LR just comes up with the pop up that those particular presets are already installed.

I've googled and tried all sorts of things to find out how I can find the presets but all to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

I see that Serge advertises "Presets & Profiles" on his web page, so it is possible that your download did include some .XMP Profiles.

The Profiles would be Imported into the Profile Browser (at the top of the Dev. Basic Panel). The drop-down menu is the tiny down-arrow beside the [+] icon.

ScreenShot049.jpg

ScreenShot048.jpg

If it is a download problem, you will need to contact the supplier. Ask exactly what you purchased!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and just to add, I work on a PC not a MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that some were Profiles? (Not Develop Presets)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WobertC, thank you very much for responding. All the items purchased from Photo Serge are listed as Sets of Presets. To be honest I don't know what a 'profile' is, compared to a preset.  The downloading was going so well for the first five sets, then suddenly, despite the presets supposedly downloading successfully, I just can't find them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that Serge advertises "Presets & Profiles" on his web page, so it is possible that your download did include some .XMP Profiles.

The Profiles would be Imported into the Profile Browser (at the top of the Dev. Basic Panel). The drop-down menu is the tiny down-arrow beside the [+] icon.

ScreenShot049.jpg

ScreenShot048.jpg

If it is a download problem, you will need to contact the supplier. Ask exactly what you purchased!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will check that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND THEM! THANK YOU!  I will make a point of looking up the difference between profiles and presets. I didn't even know that profiles existed lol.  

Seriously though, THANK YOU! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am pleased you have it sorted.

You must learn about Profiles (both Camera & the new 'Creative')- they are the starting point for your creative Developing workflow.

Here is a great article and video FYI:.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2018/04/lightroom-classic-desktop-april-update-raw-creative-profiles-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, yes I will. I googled it after you'd mentioned profiles and started to learn about them. I'll definitely check out the link you shared - thank you. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines