• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot make a virtual copy in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to make a virtual copy in Lightroom classic, I get a "An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field 'additionalDevelopMetadata' (a nil value)

I have no idea what this mean plus it only occurs on some of my folders. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

We are aware of one workflow in which it can happen, that is when image from one catalog are imported into another catalog. Are you also facing this issue in the same case?

Regards,

Chinoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the case in my situation. I did copy these photos from my
laptop to my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got your email last night but could not find a link to respond. Anyways, I'll just wait for the released Lightroom update. Since I know what the issue is, I copied the photos directly from my camera to desktop where I can now make virtual copies. Bit more work for me as I can't used the catalog changes I made on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plug-in's  do you have. One often culprit is LogiOptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the problem has to do with me copying a catalog from my labtop to my desktop as per the response from chinoygupta. On my desktop, I can make virtual copies of photos from other folders, just not the one from the folder where I imported a catalog from my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, here is the bug report Chinoy is referring to:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/error-while-creating-virtual-copies-in-lightr...

If your issue is similar, please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines