• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant crashing while exporting RAF to JPEG

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a gallery of about 80 edited Fujifilm RAF raw files, Lightroom Classic will routinely crash. I mainly noticed this while publishing using the SmugMug plugin, but soon realized it was just exporting the files to JPEG in general. The SmugMug plugin would wait for the RAF file to render, then it would crash in the middle of that.

How I recreate this: Right now I open LrC, select files, export and wait. It will crash after doing some images. I can reopen and attempt to render the rest, but it will crash after doing a few. Rinse and repeat - this would take forever to export a gallery.

Timeline: My last successful gallery export was June 22, 2020. My next one (that routinely fails) is dated July 5, 2020.

A mixture of things changed since I last successfully exported photos from LrC. There seemed to be a bunch of software updates (the icons all changed). Also I did a memory upgrade recently - but everything was working fine after and I exported 7 galleries successfully (1100 images). Just to be sure I ran memtext86 overnight and it found no memory errors. 

I've attached the crash log.

Details:

Lightroom Classic 9.3 [202005281810-476e492c]

Windows 10 Pro 18363

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

Crash exceptionCode 0xc0000005 instruction 0x00007FFAFCF714B4

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise the version number of Lightroom you were running prior to your recent update?

LrC 9.3 and 9.2 had some relatively significant changes, maybe you can check if SmugMug had any updates?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using whatever the auto updater provided me with at the time. I just have it set to auto update. The only thing I know is the icon changed since then.

SmugMug I think had some updates - but that shouldn't matter as I'm just doing a straight File > Export > JPEG thing right now and experiencing crashing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to access the crash report, try a screen capture and use the option to insert image so it displays in your post?

System resources, hdd capacity and free space, internal and external drives?

Specify where you are exporting to?

The last option in the Export dialog what choice do you have there? Try ”do nothing”

Any other relevant info, and error messages?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached file can be renamed to .txt to be read successfully (this forum forced me to rename it to XML).

C: drive SSD has about 50GB free, catalog lives on that drive, exporting to the same drive as a test. I've paid close attention to this and I've never gotten close to being super low on space or anything.

This is my export settings:

yatahaze_0-1594741820822.png

Drive I'm working from:

yatahaze_1-1594741874433.png

Exporting... (ignore the icon overlay, it's not usually there)

yatahaze_2-1594741936049.png

About 2 minutes later...

yatahaze_3-1594742056222.png

Result of the export

yatahaze_4-1594742081728.png

Free space after

yatahaze_6-1594742188814.png

Some of the crash report being sent to Adobe

yatahaze_5-1594742176750.png

If there was a way to turn on logging for Lightroom I'd do it and attach the details.

I've attached a system info text file to my original post (system info export from Lightroom itself).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The crash log shows LR carshing in trying to call the graphics driver (in LR proper, not in the graphics driver). Your System Info appears to show your Nvidia driver is from 7/9/2020, so that's up-to-date. 

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Be sure to include all the details you've provided here, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

Further, if you can identify one or few photos that reliably cause this issue, include them in your bug report by uploading them to Dropbox or similar and including their sharing link in your post.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines