Highlighted

Disabled Functions

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR CC 9.2 . I am trying to install some presets. They install but do not show up in the list on the left. As a matter of fact, the "+" symbol next to Presets and Snapshots are black. The only way I can import anything is to go up to File>Import and Develop Profiles and Presets.

I've restarted. Nothing.

I've gone to Preferences>Presets to see where they are stored, but nothing is in the files even though there is a list of the presets I have installed.

Help

Topics

How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disabled Functions

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR CC 9.2 . I am trying to install some presets. They install but do not show up in the list on the left. As a matter of fact, the "+" symbol next to Presets and Snapshots are black. The only way I can import anything is to go up to File>Import and Develop Profiles and Presets.

I've restarted. Nothing.

I've gone to Preferences>Presets to see where they are stored, but nothing is in the files even though there is a list of the presets I have installed.

Help

Topics

How to, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

"the "+" symbol next to Presets and Snapshots are black."

Make sure you've got a photo selected in Develop. When there is no photo selected, the "+" is greyed out. (Not a great design.)

"I am trying to install some presets. They install but do not show up in the list on the left."

Do the presets' filenames end in .lrtemplate or .xmp? 

1. If they end in .lrtemplate, you must import them via + > Import Presets in the Presets panel, not File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets.

2. If they end in .xmp, then they may be camera profiles rather than Develop presets. Go into Develop (with a photo selected) and click on the profile browser to see if they appear there:

Untitled.png

3. If this doesn't help, click on + > Manage Presets in the Presets pnael and see if any groups (what LR calls folders of presets) are unchecked, and if so, check them. Your presets may have gotten installed in one of those groups.

4. If none of these steps help, attach one of the presets here and we'll take a look at it. To attach a file here: After posting the reply, click More > Edit Reply at the bottom of the reply. Then click the little paperclip icon in the lower-left corner of the reply box. Then click Apply Edits. 

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines