• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I have a Color Profile problem in Lightroom?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so I'll try to explain this as detailled as possible, but excuse me if my English isn't at it's best.. 

I've always been editing my photo's on my Macbook in Lightroom Classic. Never had a problem, made some own presets and was happy using the programme.. Now that I'm taking my photography to the next level, I want to use my iMac for editing.. So I took some of my preset documents and mailed them to myself to install them on the iMac Lightroom Classic.. 

Now the photo's turn out fine, but whenever I 'preview' a preset, the preview is totally magenta.. (included some images for example) When I click it it doesn't become magenta itself, but it's annoying since you want the preview to literally preview how the image is going to turn out with that preset, ofcourse.. 

Now after some trying out I discovered that it might have something to do with the Adobe Color profile.. Because if I save the preset with the exact same settings but don't include the profile this happens: It doesn't show a pink preview, but when I click a black and white preset and then again the original preset, ofcourse I have to manually change the color profile from black and white to color.. BUT: Then the image DOES turn pink like the preview said.. Anyone has an idea how to fix this? 

I hope my explanation is clear! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your preset include a Temperature correction? https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-preset-hover-preview-incorrect-for-...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My preset doesn't include temperature or tint.. However when I click my preset it does change the temperature and tint, so that's strange too.. 

But it could be that bug.. I've now been editing some photos with my preset without an issue, but when I would copy settings onto an other picture (with temperature and tint included this time) and then hover over the preset, it would preview it in pink again. Thanks for the link.. 

EDIT: Oh and by the way I only edit RAW pictures, so no JPG's.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"My preset doesn't include temperature or tint.. However when I click my preset it does change the temperature and tint, so that's strange too. ... I only edit RAW pictures, so no JPG's."

Most instances of this bug occur when applying a preset to a raw, where the preset was defined while editing a non-raw with temp and tint settings. If you attach the problem preset to your reply here, we can quickly determine if this is the cause of your problem. It would be good to narrow it down, because there might be multiple causes of these symptoms that haven't been fully identified yet.

To attach the preset: After posting the reply, click More > Edit Reply at the bottom of the reply. Then click the little paperclip icon in the lower-left corner of the reply box. Then click Apply Edits.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnrellis, 

I'll include the preset in here. Thanks for checking it for me! I can't remember ever editing a non-raw, but who knows.. U probably know more about this than me, haha. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, to find the preset's .xmp file to attach it here, in the Presets panel, right-click the preset and do Show In Finder / Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

That SQ-1 preset doesn't contain IncrementalTemperature or IncrementalTint settings, so you're not experiencing the most common form of this bug.

Were the problem raws taken with a Canon EOS R? If not, which camera?

As you can see in the bug report, raws taken with the Canon EOS R have problems with the hover preview of presets (even if they don't contain temp and tint settings). Using your preset on a sample EOS R raw, I could see a very small difference between the hover preview and the actual image.  Taking the difference of those two in Photoshop, the differences were mainly in the red channel, with numeric differences less than 8 (of 255);

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 11.24.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were taken with a Canon 2000D (Upgrading soon though). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something wrong with this file. Your white balance (WB) Tint settings is +129, which would in fact make the image appear magenta tinted. Export the file to DNG file format as shown below and post to a file sharing site like Dropbox. Place the share link in a reply here and we can examine the file with your settings. I suggest exporting two files 1) Without Preset and 2) With Preset applied.

Tint.jpg

DNG Export.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd, thanks for your input. That is weird indeed.. It isn't that much towards magenta unedited, but when I click the preset it jumps right to that number.. Even though there isn't any white balance included in the preset.. Weird! 

Edited: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SIna6c_8FPOa-8f5IievAZJid48eGFu2/view?usp=sharing 

Unedited: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Vk0An7-VJzMfxe6HytZUgfcbcQvgbxT/view?usp=sharing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're encountering a different bug with the unedited foto2-1.dng. I created a preset with just Treatment & Profile setting the profile Adobe Color, and when I apply that preset to the photo, Temp changes from 4950 to 5750 and Tint changes from 24 to 135.  I've attached the preset "Adobe Color.xmp" here.

I suggest you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom 

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info and sharing links to the unedited foto2-1.dng and the original raw file (if you have it).  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not follow the links.

We can continue discussion in the bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reported a profile issue for the Canon EOS Rebel T7, 1500D, 2000D (same exact model with different country names) back in April 2019. It looks like Adobe fixed the issue by creating new v2 Adobe Standard and Camera named profiles. My guess is that they didn't properly update the profile ID numbers for Adobe Color, Landscape, Neutral, and Protrait profiles, which are based on the Adobe Standard v2 profile. SO the ID number is referencing the old profile. I'll add an update to the below report.

For now you can update the preset using the Adobe Standard v2 profile, which appears to work properly.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/canon-eos-rebel-t7-1500d-2000d-camera-profile...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines