Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fuji X-T3 RAW support

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
When do you plan add RAW files support from Fuji X-T3 in lightroom?

kind regards
Daniel K.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Lightroom 8.0 is out today! Support for that Fuji model is included.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We, in this "Community Forum" like you, are mostly just 'other users'. We do not know.

If we did know we could not tell (NDA!)

Updates to Lightroom Classic seem to happen every two months (April, June, August) so you might expect the next update to include the X-T3, -October???

Be patient.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on WobertC's reply, LR releases about every 8 weeks.  LR 7.5 came out 8/22, so we'd expect to see LR 7.6 around 10/17. Raw support for new Fuji models appears in the next LR release following the announcement about 75% of the time.  The Fuji X-T3 was announced 9/6, so there's a good chance it will be supported in LR 7.6: Re: Timing of Lightroom releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 7.5 came out 8/22, so we'd expect to see LR 7.6 around 10/17. Raw support for new Fuji models appears in the next LR release following the announcement about 75% of the time.  The Fuji X-T3 was announced 9/6, so there's a good chance it will be supported in LR 7.6: Re: Timing of Lightroom releases

Right on schedule 😆

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 8.0 is out today! Support for that Fuji model is included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the latest update of LR classic as of Nov 4, 2018, I have all the new LR features  but NOT Fuji xt-3 Lens Correction support, nor any support for the Fuji x-lenses.  As a matter of fact the panel says I have a camera with a built in lens and the only cameras to choose from are the point and 'shoot variety..

I see that the xt-3 support is out. Why don't I have it? How can I get it into my LR Classic CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When support was added for that camera model, that meant specifically that support was added for support for the RAF files. That does not mean to imply that support was added for all of the lenses and other expected (?) or otherwise user-implied support. Other lens support may or may not be added later. Since I'm not familiar with that camera model, I cannot comment on built-in lens correction measures that might be utilized.

And you cannot choose from different cameras. Either Lightroom supports the camera model you are using or it doesn't. There is no provision to switch to a different model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify: The lenses I bought are x-lenses: 55-200, 18-55, 10-24 I am

downloading files from the Fuji xt-3 And from my friends who use Fuji xt

cameras and lenses I know that LR supports them... But it is not showing up

in LR for me.

So, I still do not know why my LR is not supporting my Fuji xt-3, nor the

lenses. Does this give you more information?

I appreciate your response and help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is not showing up for you?

This:

Fujifilm lenses DO NOT get auto corrections in Lightroom, they do not get correction profiles in Lightroom. You will only find something like one lens for a very old camera.

This is very old knowledge,

If this is not what you are referring to, then I and others have made a bad assumption, and are answering the wrong question.

P.S> this is not unique to Fujifilm, other mirror-less cameras have also gone this route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain you have installed Lightroom Classic CC 8.0?

Are your friends using the XT-3?

Are you shooting raw images?

Are you able to see the raw images in Lightroom?

As an added note, I just looked in the lens profile folder and all the lenses that you mentioned I don't have lens profiles for. If they are supported it is because the support is built-in. Either that or there is something about those lenses and Fuji that I don't understand. Someone else is going to have to straighten both you and me out on this one, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and all those who have responded. Problem solved. It seems that

in fact with Fuji x-3 --- this is the only Fuji camera that I know

about---that in clicking on the "i" at the bottom left of the lens

corrections panel is full of information=. It gives the camera name and

lens name and says that the lens self corrects for distortions. This is a

different approach than with my Nikon cameras and lenses.

Again thank you for your quick responses and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

luciphotographer  wrote

I downloaded the latest update of LR classic as of Nov 4, 2018, I have all the new LR features  but NOT Fuji xt-3 Lens Correction support, nor any support for the Fuji x-lenses.  As a matter of fact the panel says I have a camera with a built in lens and the only cameras to choose from are the point and 'shoot variety..

I see that the xt-3 support is out. Why don't I have it? How can I get it into my LR Classic CC?

It is Built In. If you look at the lens correction panel you should see a banner near the bottom that says "Built-in Lens Profile Applied" with an i in a circle to the left of that. Click the i for info.

Lens correction panel and info1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

luciphotographer  wrote

That may be due to you are working with JPG images. Lens correction is Applied In Camera to the JPG and Adobe does not supply many, if any, lens corrections for JPG images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with JPEG, The Fujifilm cameras and their lenses correct in camera. LR does not provide any lens correction past Chromatic Aberration. And that is not going to change. Be that RAF, DNG, TIFF, JPEG.

That all being said as a correction, this issue is not the big monstrous problem..

What is a huge problem is that for the X-T3, the RAW conversion fails once you touch white balance. This is true for LR, for ACR, and for the DNG converter (v11). Lovely green overcast..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it may have something to do with the OP using JPGs.

Not sure why you are replying to ME.

Did you look at the screen shot I posted. Lens Correction is Applied Automatically for Fuji RAW images. For JPGs it is Applied in the camera and you don't even get that banner at the bottom of the lens correction panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I blew it, clicked on wrong reply button. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not renew my yearly subscription when it ends very soon. Adobe should give me a refund as LR does not function the same as it did with my D500.  I am searching for another program that will support my XT-3 and don’t plan on paying for two subscriptions.  Very disappointed with Adobe but assume they are not interested in Fufi’s smaller market share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe look at this thread? How can these issues and our disappointment

be brought to the attention of Adobe? I have discovered that everything

that I have read above is correct about how LR works with Fuji xt-3- Is

this the case for other Fuji cameras?

Changing the WB Tint will quickly give a green cast. So then, I assume

that you have to go the the HSL panel and adjust color there-which is far

more involved.....

The Lens Correction panel does not respond to Fuji lenses for the xt-3, and

you can only know that by clicking on the* "i" *in the lower left side of

the panel box. Here it says that the lens correction is built into the

lens....so I ask why are my very wide angles still a bit distorted?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 5:03 AM als76947342 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote " Does Adobe look at this thread?"

The best place to post and attract the attention of Adobe is at the link below.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe look at this thread?

Adobe product developers almost never participate in this user-to-user forum, and they probably won't see this thread. Adobe wants all product feedback (bugs, feature requests) to be posted in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it says that the lens correction is built into the lens....so I ask why are my very wide angles still a bit distorted?

I think this complaint is better directed to Fujifilm, which produced the lens profile and decided to embed it in the raw file rather than have separate lens profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue with the lens profiles with mirrorless camera models including Fujifilm is due the design. With merrorless camera models the mount sits closer to the sensor, this creates a diffence in the design of the lens elements and in addition the manufacturers decided to keep the bodies and lenses small and lite and correct the distortions utilizing software corrections. This is by design and the manufacturer does not wish the lenses to be utilized without the built in correction. Adobe is only complying with their wishes.

There is always the option to apply additional correction in Lightroom lens corrections panel or utilize the Adobe dng lens profile creator.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(In Reference to RAW support, not Lens corrections, this thread has gotten messy)

Eventually Adobe will fix this, probably in the next update. Not so end of the world, dump my subscription...etc etc.

A perfectly valid work around exists, a third party RAW converter. For example Iridient X- Transformer. You use that to convert from RAF to DNG, then import, or better yet just Sync in LR (place the DNG files in your appropriate folder that your catalog was set up to see images in, then SYNC.

Iridient Digital - Iridient X-Transformer

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2017/3/updated-iridient-x-transformer-settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines