• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration corrupts preview

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a lengthy export job coming back to my Computer to discover that the preview was ... looking interesting to say the least (see attached screenshot). You can, if you know what the image is supposed to look like faintly detect patterns from the original image in the mess. The source files are not corrupted, Smart Previews are not used and I have cleared the Camera Raw cache.

After some trial and error I found out that disabling GPU Acceleration in settings instantly fixes the preview, and turning it back on breaks it again.

Given that GPU Acceleration worked before, I'm wondering why and how this can suddenly appear.

Restarting Lightroom does not help.

Lightroom Classic Release 9.2 - Camera Raw 12.2

macOS 10.15.4

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have a 2019 Macbook Pro 16"?  With Macs, you can't update to the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer but instead have to rely on Apple releasing an udpate. But Adobe usually does a pretty good job of coping with driver bugs in Macs, since there's a limited number of drivers to test with.

I recommend you post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not follow the links.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your use GPU option, when enabled, is it set to Auto, or are you forcing somthing via custom?

Will have to off my rear end and boot up my MAC, suspect I have some of those words wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inquiry, in LRC, if you look at System Information (/Help/System Info/) for thee GPU., Metal (Good) as opposed to OpenGL (bad)  is listed, correct?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same problem , have you found solution yet ?Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 3.47.30 pm.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines