• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom 6 and RAF files

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Lightroom 6 and am trying to edit RAF files from my Fujifilm X-T20. Whenever I try to upload the files, Lightroom says "This file is not recognized by the raw format support." Is there an update or plug in I can download to change this or any additional way to make Lightroom support the files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR6 is installed? You can find out from the menu:

Help>> System Info

You need at least LR 6.9 but you could update to the final LR6 version which is LR6.14

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's version 6.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the newest version for your OS from the link provided above.

If you are using Mac OS X there are some restrictions on the newest version of LR 6 that you can use.

** Lightroom CC 2015.1/Lightroom 6.1 and earlier versions are supported on Mac OS X v10.8. Lightroom CC 2015.6.1/Lightroom 6.6.1 and earlier are supported on Mac OS X v10.9. Lightroom CC 2015.6.12/Lightroom 6.12 and earlier are supported on Mac OS X v10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your RAF files are not supported in 6.3; the XT20 was released much later.

I would suggest downloading the 6.14 patch if your system supports it and then you will be completely up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list with the facts!

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternatively, you could convert your RAF files to Adobe raw (DNG) using Adobe’s DNG Converter App. I do this myself as I have the FujiFilm XT2 and RAF files, especially using the  uncompressed raw setting are quite large files straight out of camera. DNG files are more compact and work beautifully in Lightrooom.

DNG Converter is free. You can batch convert a whole folder of RAF images into Adobe raw (DNG) without any loss of quality and the dng files will be backward compatible with your existing LR6 software.

Get the latest DNG Converter Mac  | Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines