• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 updates [How to update 6.0 to 6.10.1?]

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously had CC but stopped it a year ago.  Yesterday I purchased Lightroom 6 (perpetual).  No problem downloading but ended up with version 6.0; struggling to upgrade to 6.10 so that it will work with my new camera.  Any tips?  Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnks greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys when I click on photo merge menu , both curl+H/ HDR & Ctrl+M/ pano were "grayed " out; any advic/suggestion

thnks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Do you have two or more images selected in the "Grid' view, suitable for either HDR or Panorama, before you click the menu?

2. Are the selected images marked as 'Missing' in the Grid view, with the exclamation mark? (Must not be missing;)

3. Do you only have Smart Previews available to select? (Must have original files)

4. Is the storage drive with the original files available and visible in Lightroom?

Also- Confirm you actually have Lr Version 6.0 or higher (preferably v6.14) from the Help Menu > System Info...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thnks wobert I hav LR6.5 for windows, I'm on the "library" menu, u said select one or more images,does it need d same pics or multiple images  on image gallery for selection before clicking the photo merge ; also I don't see any marks & it's d original file that I import from either USB or folders

i will try again & follow ur instructions Thnks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To stress more- select TWO or more images....

For a HDR merge, the images must be exactly the same framed (as if taken on a tripod and camera not moved), and also be taken at different exposures in the camera (NOT modified by software).

For a Panorama merge, Several photos of the scene (landscape?) with frames that overlap about 25-30%.

Your version of Lightroom is NOT capable of the new Classic-v8 feature that can do BOTH  (HDR and Panorama) in the one step.

There are no functions in Lightroom that will 'Merge' dissimilar photos  (eg. a "collage" of a dog and a cat) - that's a job for Photoshop.

Lightroom 6/CC2015 – Photo Merge Tidbits (Part 1) | Rikk Flohr's Fleeting Glimpse Images

Lightroom 6/CC2015 – Photo Merge Tidbits (Part 2) | Rikk Flohr's Fleeting Glimpse Images

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnks wobert ? If u don't mind; am I wasting money for buying LR6 stand alone ,I thought thi features are going to ok for beginners; I don't want LR6/CC subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not "wasting". Lr6.14 was, and still is, very capable software and still very useful (for beginners).

So if you are shy of the Subscription method of using the latest features of Lightroom (& Photoshop) then 6.14 will be a good start.

Just be aware that there is no future support for 6.14, It will not be updated for new camera releases, and it does not have several features that were released in the last year or so with the Photography Plan, and you do not get Photoshop by buying 6.14.

And once familiar with Lightroom, "down the track", I am sure you will want to have the latest features with the Lr-Classic subscription plan all for the cost of a few cafe coffees a month (a damn site cheaper than film+developing ever was!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thnks wobert that's a very good & thought full advice; surely I will cherish those input I got from the community; cheer & enjoy life

i hope I can continue to ask advice from the great group when I ran aground

sincerely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue, i have 6.0 and adobe no longer has the 6.1 available for download, are there any alternate download locations for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted, info not relavent.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines