Highlighted

Lightroom CC curves bug with Wacom Intuos Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LRCC and a Wacom Intuos Pro on my i7 Macbook Pro.

I can't smoothly move the curves in the Tone Curve module using my pen and tablet.  If I use my trackpad it works just fine.  I had this issue with LR5 and had to roll back my driver on my Wacom to 2 versions older to fix it.  Now that I've upgraded to LRCC, the problem is back. I've tried the newest drivers and the older ones as well. I can't seem to get them to move smoothly.  In fact, sometimes if I just click a point on the curve and hold the pen steady, it will start creeping to the right and up... even without moving it.

Anyone else having this problem, and have you fixed it?

Thanks!

I've revisited this and I think I see what you are referring to. It is somewhat subtle what is happening, but let me explain my findings and see if you are experiencing the same.

While moving a point on the tone curve around with my Wacom stylus, sometimes the point will refuse to move or move somewhat erratically. What I discovered is that my cursor and the point are not moving together. This is especially true when moving upward or to the right. Downward and to the left have a lesser effect. To illustrate this, click on a point that is low on the curve and move it upward. When you let go, the cursor will reappear and it will not be on top of the point. Instead, the cursor will have moved further up. Now click this same point and move it back down. When you let go this time, the cursor will be much closer to the point, if not directly on top of it. The same happens when moving to the right when compared to moving to the left. The movement to the right is really significant because the cursor will hit the edge of the screen very quickly, preventing you from moving the point further to the right. The same can happen when moving the point upward, especially if you repeatedly move the point up and down. This limiting of the movement to the right or up can make it seem like the point isn't doing what you want and it only gets worse the harder you try. This can also make it likely that you'll end up moving the point in some direction that causes the point to become invalid and get removed (moving it off the graph or past another point on the graph).

If you can verify this is the behavior you are seeing as well, then we can get this reported to engineering for repair.

The workaround is to only move points a little at a time before letting go of and re-clicking the point, especially when moving up and to the right. Big, sweeping movements of the stylus while clicked on a point should be avoided.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC curves bug with Wacom Intuos Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LRCC and a Wacom Intuos Pro on my i7 Macbook Pro.

I can't smoothly move the curves in the Tone Curve module using my pen and tablet.  If I use my trackpad it works just fine.  I had this issue with LR5 and had to roll back my driver on my Wacom to 2 versions older to fix it.  Now that I've upgraded to LRCC, the problem is back. I've tried the newest drivers and the older ones as well. I can't seem to get them to move smoothly.  In fact, sometimes if I just click a point on the curve and hold the pen steady, it will start creeping to the right and up... even without moving it.

Anyone else having this problem, and have you fixed it?

Thanks!

I've revisited this and I think I see what you are referring to. It is somewhat subtle what is happening, but let me explain my findings and see if you are experiencing the same.

While moving a point on the tone curve around with my Wacom stylus, sometimes the point will refuse to move or move somewhat erratically. What I discovered is that my cursor and the point are not moving together. This is especially true when moving upward or to the right. Downward and to the left have a lesser effect. To illustrate this, click on a point that is low on the curve and move it upward. When you let go, the cursor will reappear and it will not be on top of the point. Instead, the cursor will have moved further up. Now click this same point and move it back down. When you let go this time, the cursor will be much closer to the point, if not directly on top of it. The same happens when moving to the right when compared to moving to the left. The movement to the right is really significant because the cursor will hit the edge of the screen very quickly, preventing you from moving the point further to the right. The same can happen when moving the point upward, especially if you repeatedly move the point up and down. This limiting of the movement to the right or up can make it seem like the point isn't doing what you want and it only gets worse the harder you try. This can also make it likely that you'll end up moving the point in some direction that causes the point to become invalid and get removed (moving it off the graph or past another point on the graph).

If you can verify this is the behavior you are seeing as well, then we can get this reported to engineering for repair.

The workaround is to only move points a little at a time before letting go of and re-clicking the point, especially when moving up and to the right. Big, sweeping movements of the stylus while clicked on a point should be avoided.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried different Wacom drivers as well and had the same problem when OS X 10.10 were launched. With LR CC the same issues are back.

However it just might be some sort of bad coding on Adobes part; as the HSL-adjustment sliders now behave as supposed to, after installing their first newly released bugfix 6.0.1 for LR CC (6). An odd thing is that general lagging and that unresponsive feeling increases when using scrubby sliders (marked in green below) as opposed to using the regular slider handle (marked in red).

Mark that there is no slowdown or unresponsiveness using the regular Apple Magic Mouse.

Let's hope for a quick fix! Running Mac OS X 10.10.3, Wacom Tablet driver 6.3.11-3 touch turned OFF ... all available related updates are installed. LR CC RAW cache set to 5 Gb and GPU-acceleration turned OFF.

Bests,
Henrik

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 7 64 bit, LR CC, and Intuos 5 M with USB cable connection I have no issues.

If you are using a wireless connection you may want to try a USB cable connection and see if the issue goes away.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say trshaner‌, that I've always connected my tablets using USB without any hubs ... no improvement to be made there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the default Wacom Tablet Preferences.

Backup your current settings and then select 'All User Preferences' > 'Remove.' Give it a try.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Well, I've done that each time I tried to roll back to a previous tablet driver ... no luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well what do you know ... this might just be a combination of buggy coding on both Adobe's and Wacom's parts.

One of the problem areas in LR CC or 6.0.1 is as said curves adjustments ... erratic behaviour and unresponsive pen action from using the Pro M tablet made me roll back various drivers, each time clearing the preferences etc. Until I found out that using the latest 6.3.11-3 driver and turning Touch input ON it actually is as instant and smooth action as you'd wish for, if you pick an adjustment point and then two-finger-click-drag.

Furthermore the general laggy and unresponsive feeling of sliders, and in particular using scrubby sliders, is gone if you choose to use touch input. Place the cursor over the desired slider or value and two-finger-click-drag or respectively three-finger-drag.

Even scrolling in grid view using touch input works as well! We just can't use the pens for now in Adobe LR CC.

Please note that in general I've been very satisfied with Wacom tablets and their performance for more than seven years. This is somewhat of a hickup that has been intruduced since OS X Yosemite in combination with newer Adobe applications. None the less it is utterly important to solve these bugs as it makes work frustrating.

Best,
Henrik

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that Camera Raw 9.0 is not affected by these issues on my Mac, even though they have the same motor and tools as LR CC / 6.0.1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom with LR CC is just about unusable on my very high powered new Win 8.1 machine. The erratic sliders are a nightmare, unresponsive in the extreme. With the exposure slider for example, if I slide a touch to the right, there is a lag, then a sudden flash of totally over exposed as if the slider was pushed all the way to the right. The same happens sliding left just a touch, there is a lag, then a sudden flash of totally under exposed as if the slider was pushed all the way to the left. There is no pen pressure response. With the Brush tool in Gradient and Radial filter, the lag response is several seconds. Useless.

So the only way to get through large projects without a meltdown from myself or a client, I'm staying with the perfectly functional LR 5.7 until this debacle is sorted out. Adobe & Wacom...are you talking to each other?

-pw

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since I moved to LR CC. It also seens slower in general. It's such a shame since curves plays a big deal in develop module and now is useless.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines