• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc & GPS

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Canon EOS 6D which has a built-in GPS and as of about a month ago none of my pictures are importing with the GPS coordinates into LR cc. I have tested my camera it appears fine, I can see the GPS info with the image in my camera but when I import them they are not coming into LR. I am using LR cc and PS cc and it is kept current. I have checked my import presets and they do show that the GPS is checked in the metadata for imports. I must have inadvertently turned something off.  Can you help?

Dave
Twin Falls, ID

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

I have checked my import presets and they do show that the GPS is checked in the metadata for imports. I must have inadvertently turned something off. 

That sounds like the problem.  If any field (including the GPS field) in an import preset is checked, that means the value in the preset replaces the value coming from the camera.  E.g. if your preset looks like:

then the GPS field will get cleared in imported photos.

The quickest way to troubleshoot this is to set Apply During Import > Metadata to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you telling me? How does switching to another App solve the problem. I would think someone at Lightroom cc should know there's a problem or at least show me what I am doing wrong. I lived without GPS prior to Lightroom cc so I guess I'll  wait to see other answers.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked my import presets and they do show that the GPS is checked in the metadata for imports. I must have inadvertently turned something off. 

That sounds like the problem.  If any field (including the GPS field) in an import preset is checked, that means the value in the preset replaces the value coming from the camera.  E.g. if your preset looks like:

then the GPS field will get cleared in imported photos.

The quickest way to troubleshoot this is to set Apply During Import > Metadata to none and do a test import of a fresh pic:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, don't know why i changed it and also just learned how the check marks work. I've never even thought about that part of LR and tended to busy myself with Photo editing and general work flow. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines