Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Presets Greyed Out

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just added some purchased presets to Lightroom and now all of my presets are greyed out. The + is also greyed out and not functioning.

Any suggestions?

Laurie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Are you using Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom CC?

If 'Classic' then open 'System Info' and copy/paste first 6 or so lines from same into your reply. Also, make sure your presets are XMP rather lrtemplate and place them in:

Mac: Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Settings /

Windows: C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Settings \

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom Classic CC or Lightroom CC?

If 'Classic' then open 'System Info' and copy/paste first 6 or so lines from same into your reply. Also, make sure your presets are XMP rather lrtemplate and place them in:

Mac: Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / Settings /

Windows: C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Settings \

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC. The files I added are lrtemplate the same as the ones I was using previously.

Feeling kinda stupid! They were not showing up as I did not have a photo open in Lightroom.

Thanks again for your help.

Laurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm completely new to Adobe and I do not understand your response above. I have Lightroom CC and my presets are greyed out. I do not know how to activate them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"greyed out" will usually mean the you may be viewing a JPG, TIF or PSD file, and the Preset selected is limited to raw file-types only.

So is the image you are viewing raw or JPG?

The name suffix of "CC" was dropped from App names some years ago. It helps the forum if you provide information about your version of 'Lightroom' from the MENU: Help > System Info.

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
What you were doing when the problem occurred
Screenshots of the problem. Preset panel?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 8.2.1 on Mac ... I do not see presets that come with the program. "+" greyed out. How can I get them back into the program. Thanks. Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack613  wrote

LR 8.2.1 on Mac ... I do not see presets that come with the program. "+" greyed out. How can I get them back into the program. Thanks. Jack

You are positing in the discussion that is nearly a year old.

Please start your own discussion and give as much info as you can as to your exact problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to 'You have been mentioned by Just Shoot Me in Re:

Lightroom CC  Presets Greyed Out in Adobe Community;'

Do not reply to this message; send comments directly to

Post edited by Moderator to remove personal info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start a new discussion use the link near the top of the LR Classic Content forum page.

start new topic.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines