Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC2018 vs Lightroom/Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo
I receive no message from sales support! What is the difference between Lightroom CC2018 and Lightroom/Photoshop.
Is this the same software?
Thanks for answering:-)
Magnus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

You have it all messed up.

There is the Photography subscription plan. that comes with Lightroom CLASSIC, Version 9 as the newest version, and Photoshop and includes 20GBs of Adobe Cloud storage space.

Also you can install the Mobile version of Lightroom for Apple iOS and Google Android on your Mobile devices, Phones and Pads.

Then there is the Lightroom subscription that comes with ONLY Lightroom Cloud Centric for Desktop type computers and LR Mobile for phones and pads and you get 1TB of Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Lightroom CC2018. There is Lightroom (a relatively new application that stores images in the cloud) and Lightroom Classic (the latest version of the Lightroom that has been around for more than ten years). And then there is Photoshop, which is an entirely different application.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Lightroom work properly together with Photoshop?

In this case I have to buy/download the Lightroom Classic Version…
Thanks for answering!
Magnus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Lightroom Classic and Photoshop can work together very well. You can send an image from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop, make edits and then (a copy of) the image comes back in the Lightroom classic catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank's:-) But why is there a version like CC2018? Still in the internet...

Magnus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe used to add the letters 'CC' to all the Creative cloud products. It dropped that recently. So if you see 'Lightroom CC2018' then that is the old version of the current app called Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I learned:

Lightroom (standalone) comes together with Photoshop (this version works also with mobile devices...)

Lightroom Classic (with/without Photoshop?) is the PC/Mac App (but not for mobile devices...)

CC stands for Creative Cloud. But which version enables cloud storridge (both or only one?)

Sorry, but very confusing for me:-(

Magnus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have it all messed up.

There is the Photography subscription plan. that comes with Lightroom CLASSIC, Version 9 as the newest version, and Photoshop and includes 20GBs of Adobe Cloud storage space.

Also you can install the Mobile version of Lightroom for Apple iOS and Google Android on your Mobile devices, Phones and Pads.

Then there is the Lightroom subscription that comes with ONLY Lightroom Cloud Centric for Desktop type computers and LR Mobile for phones and pads and you get 1TB of Adobe cloud storage space.

With the Photography plan you can also install Lightroom Cloud Centric on your computer but you still only get 20GBs of cloud storage and It is NOT suggested to do that.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html?promoid=9DJJ4N49&mv=other

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, the website makes it more clear! What would you recommend for a "normal" user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal in what way?

Do you take a lot of pictures with your phone? Do you then like to look at those pictures on your pad and your computer?

Or do you use a Real Camera and then edit them on your computer, print them or post some on websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 3 Plans for "Lightroom" with different features:

• The Photography plan (20Gb)  includes Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and (the here useless) Lightroom. Lightroom is useless because on the limited 20G cloud space.
  • The Photography plan (with one Tb cloud space) -- the same as above but with 1Tb cloud space.
  • The Lightroom plan without Lightroom Classic and without Photoshop, but a Tb of cloud space. 

All the plans come with different apps for mobile devices.

So all is depending on if you intent to use cloud space, because you are working on the run or if you need Photoshop together with your plan.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am at a Lightroom course it might be a bit impractical if I have to work in the cloud. However, I can also edit the files offline?
Would you recommend the cloud-solution anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I don't recommend the Cloud system but I'm old and don't like all my data on someone else's systems.

So to your question about the Cloud, NO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have several arguments against the cloud and several for the cloud:

against:
- a lot of cloud services get closed after a while obligating the users to download their data before the data gets deleted.
- you upload your data “somewhere” and that may not be compatible with privacy protection.
- you will need a lot of storage. I currently have around 3Tb of picture data.

for:
- the backup is handled by someone else.
- you may access the data from every where.
- you may use some server side tools with higher processing power.

I’m like JustShootMe: old-school local storage fan for this kind of data. But still, I use the cloud to share my pictures with other people. My back-up system is self organized. I’m using a NAS for that with a lot of RAID storage.

Regards,
Abambo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX's: but you can only work with the cloud together with the mobile apps?

Regards,

Magnus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the mobile apps also work together with Lr Classic. And there the 20Gb of space is enough...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two links- to help you decide:

https://lightroom.adobelanding.com/which-lightroom-is-right-for-you/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. That helps!:-) For the 1st link: I am looking also for something simular like Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements 2020. I cannot find such a page by Adobe...

Magnus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is because the name convention is different (Lightroom was Lightroom until Lightroom Cloud Centric came along and Lightroom CC "WAS" Traditional LR version until people started calling the Cloud Centric version LR CC).

Talk about confusing, my god. Even with a Score card it is hard to understand which is which.

There is Premiere Pro, professional software, and Premiere Elements for the casual users. 

And the Elements versions are the only Adobe programs that is not tied to a subscription plan in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines