Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.3 removes cropping settings when converting to lossy DNGs

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working with Lightroom Classic 10.3. I just converted a bunch of about 500 lossless DNG images to lossy DNG images. Before I only did croppings on the images. These croppings are now removed in the converted lossy DNGs 😮 Fortunately I saved the metadata to the lossles versions and backed them up before doing this conversions. So I can now read the metadata back from these backups. But in my opinion it seems to be a bad bug which I didn't notice in Lightroom Classic 10.2... 

Best regards

Friedemann

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

unfortunately it doesn't work, reading the metadata out from my lossless backups reactivates all the croppings. But saving this metadata again to the lossy DNGs and rereading the metadata again, removes again the cropping data. Maybe this occurs also with all development settings, I didn't check this, because I did cropping settings only by now.

So, for me, converting from lossless to lossy DNGs does not work at the moment with version 10.3 without lopsing data 😞 

Best regards

Friedemann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And by the way: Since a few versions, saving metadata doesn't work correctly again. After saving metadata to files, a lot of image files still show that their metadata has chaged!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR 10.1 broke the ability to read the crop angle from metadata:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-save-metadata-to-fi... 

When you convert a photo to DNG (lossy or not), the crop angle is getting written correctly into the DNG's metadata, but LR fails to read it back into the catalog.

I've updated that bug report to include this serious symptom. Please add your constructive opinion and the impact of the bug on you to the bug report and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines